Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweet Dreams

This is Eva's last week at CASE study and the card uses a PI from My Favorite Things. These girls/boys are adorable!!! I focused on the scallops. layout, and PI image. I'm also meeting my own personal challenge to "USE" stamps that I have!!! Stamped the image four times and paper pieced the pillow, blanket, and lampshade. Coloring with cool grays was new to me- some colors are easier to blend than others or, I am just a little slow!!! One of the sentiments in this set is "I love you to the moon and back...and then some"!!! Yikes.... lots of memories from when my girls were little but, then again I will always Love them the same way!! Getting a little sappy here, LOL!!!


Also, piddlin' a little with my camera and lights.
Have you ever looked at a card after it was done, photographed etc. etc. and thought of other things you wish you would have done???

Here's Eva's card!!! Gorgeous!!


TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: MFT Bedtime Story
Paper: Memory Box Pixie, white, black
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: MFT lace and ribbon, SU button and TCP twine, MFT large scallop die (definitely one of my "go to" dies)

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great CASE! Love those scalloped layers and your coloring is amazing! I know exactly what you mean about finishing a card, photographing it THEN realizing I should have added something. Just happened to me today! :-)

Andrea Ewen said...

Super sweet, Vickie! Great paper piecing and that image is adorable! Love the colors and those great scallops at the bottom. I have that ribbon as well and just love it! Awesome job on the CASE!

Sue Kohler said...

Layered scallops- you have won me Vickie!! love the image you have used, perfectly coloured and paper pieced!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Jean Martin said...

Wonderful take on the challenge Vickie! And your color combination is beautiful! So glad you could join us at CASE Study! :)