Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for Whale Watching... if ONLY I Lived on the West Coast!!!

Now, I may be off on my timing but, the west coast has whales that migrate and I have always wanted to see that... the CASE study challenge and Julee's card brought that to mind!! I connect A to B to C etc. , yes, that's a Libra, what can I say?? {always get after DH when he goes from A to Z in a split second and here I am... throwing a loop in things, acting like him???!!! I saw ships and then, it became whales migrating, what can I say... it felt good!! Have had the SU grommets for a while and Julee used one perfectly with her white ribbon... threw one in with a button and some twine!!

Julee Tillman is the MUSE this month at CASE study and her card is fabulous {she can do ANY style... shabby chic, elegant, whimsical.... whatever "tickles" her funny bone. Am I digressing here or what?? You have until tomorrow night to submit for the challenge and WHAT is up for grabs... Julee's Verve stamps and dies....!!!!

Enough of the gibber gabber....



And Julee's fabulous card...

Okay... by now you are thinking I'm dingy but, had a lot of fun with this!! Used TCPs Whale of a Time with the MFT sun die-namic and Verve's Sentiment RELAX...

TFL!! If you stop by, leave a comment... LOVE to hear from you!! I really don't have Alzheimers..you know, rambling a little {just my sweet husband does, it's always good to blame it on someone else, right??!!}

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Relax, The Cats Pajamas Whale of a Time
Paper: CC Salt Air, crumbcake, vanilla
Ink: SU early espresso
Accessories: TCP divine twine, SU large grommet, button from stash, MFT sun die-namic, TCP cut ups wave die

10 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun and delightful card Vickie! That whale is so sweet! Beautiful mix of papers! :D

Wanda Cullen said...

Vickie, I had a whale of a good time reading your commentary - lol! I know...me and my lame humor! The card is adorable and that DP is perfect for an ocean theme! Someone will smile when they get this card!

Marisa said...

Totally cute!! Love that what and the waves.

Sue Kohler said...

Wow, what an amazing creation Vickie!! The whale, waves , sun all mix to make a fabulous scene~
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week!! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

I can totally see where you were going with the sailboats, whales, West coast...and I'm a Sagittarius! The design is awesome, that whale is just too cute and I love that twine accent! This card is fab-o Vickie...I just adore it!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOOOW! This is too cool! LOVE your take on the inspiration, it's amazing!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Your whale card is adorable! I love the paper choices, the layering--everything! Congrats on Top 3 with CASE study this week!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love that little whale -he's one of my fav TCP stamps. I love the paper you've paired him up with and all those waves. Super job on this!

Jean Martin said...

This is suuuuper cute!!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is AMAZING, one of the cutest cards I've seen in awhile! Not surprised it was a winner for the challenge!