Friday, April 1, 2011

Think Spring!!

For CASE study challenge week 33 {Julee Tillman's last week as MUSE} and Verve's Get Your Diva On challenge to "Think Spring"!! CASE study card is due by next wednesday and Verve GYDO is due by April 11th {if I remember right, a little old age setting in?? LOL!!} You need to check both challenges as there are prizes to be won and, most of all, some fun to be had!!

Here's my card


I case'd the circle focal image and butterfly from Julee's card. 



















Closer image to show the fabulous Websters Pages tulle and Verve's flutterby die/butterfly combo {couple of the butterflies are my not so wonderful fussy cutting... not Julee's die!! I stamped the large butterfly from Verve's Chicks Rule onto 3 different patterns and cut out on the lines to make smaller butterflies to "stack", after stamping I used the new Verve "A Cut Above" flutterby die {Julee has made these with a clear acrylic template to "mark" the paper so that when you cut with the die, you just line it up and works perfectly!! Sentiment is from Verve's Eggstra Special set. I won all of these, yes... that is correct, by playing in the Verve weekly sketch challenges on SCS--you need to check that out too!! Paper is from Graphic 45-Once Upon a Springtime. Oval crocheted circle came from Pixiepetal on Etsy and added some Websters Pages tulle before layering several circle nesties on top. The fleur circle is from Verve's Accent Notes.... Verve has lots of stamps that can mix-n-match {wonderful}. Added some SU ribbon, a Making Memories button, stickpin and Pizzazzaplenty rhinestones to finish it off.
Julee's card

TFL!! Happy, happy Friday!! Tomorrow am is Bridesmaid dresses appt. for me!! If you don't follow my blog... my oldest daughter is getting married next November and my life has turned into "Wedding stuff"!!

Ingredients: already blabbed it all!

11 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is beautiful Vickie!! I love the pink/gray combo!! And that tulle and doily matting of the sentiment is fabulous!! And LOVE your sweet layered butterfly too!! What a beauty!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I can't tell if my first comment went through, so forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I really REALLY love this card! The soft color palette and that scrumptious ribbon are simply beautiful!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Vickie!! Love the soft colours. Great case. I want that butterfly so badly! Wish they were Plain Janes! Have fun with the bridesmaid dress shopping :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, just love that doily. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Andrea Ewen said...

Yay Vickie! Glad to see that you put all of that new Verve to work! So glad you won! I love your card, it is absolutely Spring-y in every way! What really caught my eye was that beautiful crocheted doily...just stunning! Of course I love the stamps, the cutsy butterfly and the beautiful ribbon, too!
Have fun dress shopping tomorrow...sounds like fun!!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this card is really STUNNING! I love the circle with the pretty edge, and the layered butterfly, just beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW! Look at this dimension! I love your bow, the beautiful doily accent, and overall awesome design!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors & those beautiful layers!! I'll have to try that layering with the butterfly die & stamp - great idea!

Jackie Pedro said...

Vickie, this is so beautiful!! I got some of the Websters Tulle and have been stumped how to use it!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Vickie! Everything about this is so beautifully designed! Love all the detail -- especially that crochet circle!

lotte chew said...

gorgeous card!!