Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Shabby CASE and DIVA card!!

MUSE this month at CASE study is the fabulous Sarah Martina Parker (ADORE her creations) and this week is the Verve DIVA challenge hosted by Amy Sheffer and the challenge is to use fabric. Now.. the title is not to imply I'm a DIVA (except in my mind, we're ALL Divas, LOL!!). I mean my husband is a DIVA handy man, I'm a DIVA shopper, and my daughter is a DIVA bride (or is that a Bridezilla Diva- she's gotten a little better- she CAN take a joke now!!, in the beginning my husband and I got a little carried away one night teasing and started talking "getting married on a John Deere"- using our yard, which is cottage garden tiny and the minister could use a megaphone for guests sitting in the front yard.... you get the idea--- Bill and I were laughing so hard and she was just looking at us like we were crazy!!) DH grew up on a farm- that's where the John Deere came from. Enough "off the wall" chitchat!!

On to business...


The base dp is Websters Pages. Added a doily and a small vertical panel of WP dp and distressed all edges after some stitching. Stamped the dots from Verve's Bountiful backgrounds onto saffron dp with Versamark and clear embossed, then, stamped a border from WMS labels on top of that and heat embossed with a combo of clear embossing and white embossing powder and cut out with the matching nestie. I know it looks a "little" different- not as clear but, I liked the effect. The sentiment (from Verve's Hope Blooms) was stamped in  melon mambo onto white and heat embossed with translucent embossing powder, cut out with an oval nestie- sponged while in the die, and distressed the edges. For the butterfly, I stamped with versamark onto pink CS with Verve's bountiful backgrounds (dots), heat embossed with white and used Verve's butterfly die to cut out. Layered with another Verve vellum butterfly wrapped in twine. In the corner- cut out a burlap flower with the largest die from Verve's floral circles, added a fabric bloomer and some crinkled seam binding and stickpins from fabric store.

Here's a close up of the flower combo and butterfly....


















Hope you're having a wonderful week!! If you stop by, leave a comment, LOVE hearing from you!!

Ingredients
Read above after "On to Business"

8 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, Vicki - this is gorgeous!!! Love all the different elements, so many wonderful details! Love it :)

Marisa said...

Fabulously done!! Love the flower and the layered butterfly. Great card :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Remarkable, Vickie...so many layers of fabric goodness! The butterfly, that vibrant pink flower...all beautiful accents to this gorgeous card! I'd say you're a CARD DIVA!

Diane Jaquay said...

Fabulous shabby card, Vickie! Love that butterfly and the flower is scrumptious!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh Vickie, this is just gorgeous! Love that flower... the ribbon, the doily.. the pins... every last bit is DIVA-licious!

Jean Martin said...

This is fabulous! I love all the shabby goodness in your card! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sarah Martina said...

I could just hug this card! It's so beautiful! My favorite part is the hounds tooth peeking from behind. :) Gorgeous!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers! This is stunning, Vickie! Love all your fabulous shabby chic details! I'm so glad Blogger is up and running again...missed my blog hopping!