Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bravo!!

We have three graduations to go to this year and I have two cards done as of tonight!! {girls all three and they know I make cards and enjoy them} This is not your "traditional" graduation card but, I sure enjoyed myself whilst making it!!

 
Cut out two nesties with Labels 14- one crumbcake and one in white. Embossed the crumbcake with swiss dots and stamped the white with a Holiday Labels No. 14 from Waltzingmouse stamps {WMS}. Sentiment was stamped in crumbcake and heat embossed with clear. The background is a gingham image from WMS stamped in baja breeze, layered on crumbcake and stitched. Added some gorgeous flowers and lace from Wild Orchid Crafts {seriously gorgeous flowers and lace at excellent prices!!} Added crumbcake seam binding from SU, Websters Pages flower stickpin, and Maya Road stickpin.

I've never made one card that met three challenges before.... but, it I fell love with some challenges and being a working girl.... had to try, KWIM??

This card meets the CR84FN30 challenge to use light blue, light yellow, and kraft.



Edna's sketch from WMS.....


















Last, but, definitely not least, Wild Orchid Crafts challenge this week is to emboss {dry or heat} and I did both!! Have been purchasing my flowers and lace at WOC but, I didn't know they had a challenge blog until my bloggin friend Andrea posted about it.

Appreciate all your kind words and encouragement when you stop by!! Remember.... tomorrow's Friday!!

I'd give you an enablers list but, golly I think I already blabbed it all!!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous card, Vickie! I need to do that CR84FN colour combo - it's gorgeous! Love the flowers and nestie shape you used. Well done on your three-for.

Debbie Carriere said...

Vickie, this is beautiful!!! YOu rocked those colors. I LOVE that label shape. I have been eyeing WMS.... you have given me another nudge!

Kelly S. said...

BEAUTIFUL embellishing and your gingham background is SO SWEET!

Julia Aston said...

How lovely! Love the plaid and the lace! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Jen said...

Utterly beautiful! Clever you for getting 3 challenges in the one card. I adore the scalloped lace border and the embossed Nestie...well, everything really. Again, just beautiful.

Michelle said...

Outstanding creation!! Love the Spellbinders labels and lace you used! Beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Hope to hear from you again soon! :)

Jean Martin said...

Vickie!!! This is fabulous!!!!!! I love the romantic feel to this card. You have outdone yourself girl! :)

Andrea M said...

Such a beautiful graduation card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Naomi said...

This is SO beautiful!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! Love the layers and texture! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic, Vickie! I love that it's not super traditional! Great job combining challenges!