Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Trying to "catch up" a little after several weeks of no card making for me {tidbit here, tad there only!!}. Jill Foster is the MUSE for CASE study this month. WOW.... love all the techniques she uses and I have to say "shamefully" that I had every intention of trying them out but...... graduations got in the way!! I did "keep" the feel of the card this week {or at least I thought so in my mind, LOL!!}

Jill's gorgeous card


I Case'd the layout, text bg, and circle/flower/bird element as the focal point. I used Verve's A Cut Above Flutterby die {LOVE this} and stitched the butterflies leaving "string" for antennas. Flourish is from Verve's Blessings Set {my absolute fav flourish}, nesties for the circles, sentiment is from Verve's newly released set Hope Blooms, and added some buttons to balance things out. 

I was so happy to get to "play" a little as lately it has been few and far between opportunities {honestly, I'm fretting over whether I spelled that word right... here in Charlotte we had one of the finalists for the National Spelling Bee- think he finished in the last 5...I'm somewhat anal, ya' think??}

Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by and appreciate any comments/thoughts you leave!! Correct my spelling if need be, LOL!!

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOL...you get an A in spelling and an A in beautiful card-making! Great CASE and I'm thinking I need to check out Jill's blog...what a beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Wonderful case. Just got that b-fly die and can't wait to use it!

Olena said...

Beautiful cards! great job1 Olena