Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Mercies

Recently Verve hosted a Get Your Diva On challenge and we were given some gift cards to choose from or we could choose our own. One of the cards was from Mikes and it was black, red, and white (one of my fav color combos) and I didn't use it. So when I was pondering the CASE study challenge for this week- these colors were on my mind along with my new Verve stamps. Andrea Ewen used this leaf image on her card for CASE study --Andrea I just HAD to use it too!!



So I stamped the leaf image onto red cardstock backed with white and black. Added the border and that wonderful sentiment. Popped both panels to give some depth and added some black crinkled ribbon (Etsy) and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers. Used Jody Morrow's foam dots and sticky tape dots (blog-confessions of a ribbon addict--just google).

Dawn Woleslagle is the MUSE for this month. Check out this card.... CAS and ELEGANT and a fantastic layout!!













I am so blessed to be back in more of a normal routine -work not too out of control right now, family life stable at the moment- you never know what will "hit" you- need to let everyone in your family know that you love them all the time!! Even when I wanted to strangle my kids (now don't even try to tell me you have never wanted to, LOL)-- it was " I love you and always will but, I don't like what you are doing/the choices you're making. I have had 2 close family deaths and one serious family illness in the past two months- it can "knock the wind out of you" but, I was blessed to have family that helped me through!! Okay... honestly didn't mean to dampen things- just reflecting a little, I guess!!

If you stop by, I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments... sorry I got carried away!!

TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve New Mercies
Paper: SU black, white, red
Ink: memento tuxedo black, colorbox white
Accessories: ribbon, flowers

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my...this card is gorgeous, Vickie!! I haven't used that stamp yet and just bought a new white ink pad (my old one was so ratty and dried out!) so will have to CASE your idea! So glad life has leveled out for you...take some time for YOU and you alone!
:-)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how pretty! Great stamping here... must CASE it some time :)

Marisa said...

Family comes first and I'm glad they have been there for you during these past two months. Even happier to hear things have settled down a bit so you can get back to stamping - have missed seeing your creations. Love your card! I have that set on the top of my Verve Wish list - that image and the sentiments in that set are to die for!! Great card - good luck!!

Andrea Ewen said...

I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you Vickie...It does sound like you've been in a life changing whirlwind lately. And I agree with you on the kid thing...you love them but they can sure make you crazy sometimes!
I love how your card turned out, that background stamping looks phenomenal, especially with the white and black stamping! A wonderfully elegant design...both in the CASE of Dawn's card and the gift card!
That accent with the black ribbon and white flowers is also gorgeous...in fact, it's striking! Love this!