Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thanks a Bunch!!

Thinking I'm beginning to have a "love affair" with excalmation points. I seem to use these a lot, either posting or commenting. I know, strange thing to say, but, I guess I get excited when I make a card... love of creating.. and I guess I get excited when I SEE card/elements/things I love on cards!! (there I go again, LOL!!)

This card is for the CASE study challenge this week with Dawn Woleslagle and for the Play Date Cafe Challenge (colors are black and white with a splash of color).


Fell in Love with the layout and use of two panels with an edge. I used SU's scallop edge and "pulled" the edges out a little with my fingertip to give dimension. Okay... crinkled ribbon and I are having a "love affair" just like the exclamation points and you can add stickpins to the mix. Actually wished I had put a larger crochet heart in there (even have one) but, alas didn't do it.

Here's the CASE and Colors (second time I've played the PDCC colors


Fabulous. huh!! The colors....














Hope you're having a craft filled week... whether ideas "in your head" or getting the chance "to put them on paper"!!

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Bloom & Grow
Paper: SU black, whisper white, cameo coral
Ink: Memento tuxedo black (stamped off once)
Accessories: SU scallop punch, crinkled ribbon, Websters Pages sparkler, Jenni Bowlin stickpins, funkiejunkie on Etsy crochet heart

10 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

I know what you mean about the exclamations points!! Haha...they always seem appropriate, especially when you get excited about someone's card!! Like I am!! This is beautiful, love those Verve-y flower stamps and that red ribbon/charm/lace embellie is fabulous! Awesome double row of scallops, too...that looks so cool! Love this card! And I mean it! Exclamation point!

Fiona said...

Loving that crinkle ribbon too Vickie - great colour splash :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So lovely! Great effect with the pop of red!

Teneale Williams said...

Just fabulous

E.T said...

LOVE!!

Tracey said...

I use these !!!!! a lot too!!! LOL! Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at The PLay Daye Cafe :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Vickie, this is fantastic! Love your version - great colors and love the bow!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty!

Rae said...

Oh so pretty!