Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Random Acts" of CASEing

Will explain the title in a minute!! This month is CASE studys' first Anniversary and the first week challenge is to CASE one of the DT. Well, Chupa, who is extremely talented... BTW, has used a silhouette image that I love and recently I purchased a silhouette stamp from Flourishes that reminds me of the one she uses, and I have been wanting to ink it up!! I chose this card of Chupa's to CASE....


My card....



















Pulled out the image and inked with memento tuxedo black and clear embossed and just "got to playing"!! Now, I WAS thinking about Chupa when I made it. I was adding and arranging the card... totally in my little zone.. and then, I was done, looked at the card I chose, versus, the one I made, and thought, "You're way off here"!!  So... here were my random thoughts/acts of CASEing Chupa: use of bright colors (check, she does that), buttons (check), burlap (check), and stitching (check). Now, today Chupa posted a card and made a comment that normally she uses bright colors.... see, that's proof I was thinking about her when I made it!!

This is also for the Flourishes Shades of Sunset challenge to make and/or use sunset colors in a card. The sky was done with pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, rose red, and cameo coral. First time I tried blending colors like that and I'm definitely not a Michelle Zindorf!!

My week's definitely turning into a busy and "enlightening" one!! Sometimes, one does ones' job so well, they get volunteered, KWIM!!

Thanks for stopping by, leave a comment if you do. Appreciate all the kind words.

Ingredients
Stamps: Flourishes Kids At Play
Paper: SU black, vanilla, and melon mambo
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU- rose red, cameo coral, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight
Accessories: burlatp, stitching, buttons from my stash, divine twine from The Cats Pajamas, foam/pop dots from Jody Morrow (texasjodylynn on SCS)

4 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, awesome, Vickie! I love silhouette images, they have such a peaceful presence! Gorgeous colors you used and the design is right on! The burlap strip is perfect! Glad to have you celebrating with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, thank you so much for your lovely comment and for your gorgeous CASE! It looks so lovely in these warm colours! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Marisa said...

Great case, Vickie! Love the bright colours you used and the silhouette image is darling.

ChristineCreations said...

Great job on this! I love the burlap and the warm shades of the sunset! Thanks so much for playing in the Flourishes challenge!