Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I {heart}...

Coffee!! Yes ma'am, I do!! I'm a bold with cream kind of girl!! Verve's last release included a set called "Better With You" full of coffee stamps, right up my alley!! This card is for the CASE study challenge this week, #57 with Julie Lacey as the MUSE.

My card...



















Stamped a sentiment from Better With You in black onto crumbcake, layered onto vanilla, stitched the ends and distressed a little. The "i" was stamped with Verve's You & I set and cut out with Verve's A Cut Above Die, I Heart You. The heart was cut with the same die. The "starbucks" cup was stamped with an image from Verve's Better With You set, added a crimped black band, and some steam. Popped on top of a circle nestie embossed with CB's swiss dots embossing folder and added some retired SU ribbon.

Julie's card....


















As you can see, I went with the layout and some of the colors but, changed the image/sentiment combo and added a pop of red!!

TFL!! Tomorrow's hump day!!

Slowly cranking out a card here and there. Finally picked the granite and installer for our kitchen countertops. Looking forward to it but, I have to say that was a definite project, at least for me... we spoke with 4 different companies and got different measurements {had to meet at house as well as go to showrooms to look at their granite and then the granite warehouses}. Also, heard some conflicting info on what seams were required etc., cross your fingers, hopefully it will all work out okay!!

Appreciate when you stop by and all the kind words!!

8 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card, Vickie! A great CASE! Love that coffee set, too! It is amazing how contractors differ in their options/approaches ( and a bit scary!). Best of luck with the counters - I am sure they will be beautiful!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wowzers, Vickie...this is gorgeous! Love the muted color scheme with that fabulous pop of red! The texture and the stitching are incredible details...you rocked this CASE!
Love your new blog header too...so beautiful!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the coffee cup set, not sure I should thank you for the enabling link.

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Debbie!! Love the way you used the "i" and added the coffee cup. Great use of the sentiment to create the horizontal script.

Marisa said...

Ooops, I called you Debbie!! Saw her picture at the top of the comment box and my mind registered the name - can you tell it's early in the morning and I"m not firing on all pistons! Let me repeat myself. Wonderful card, Vickie!!!

Jean Martin said...

This is so cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card Vickie! Love all of the touches of red! Great ribbon too! :D

han smith said...

I recommend having a professional measure your kitchen for you, especially for countertops, because new kitchen countertops won't fit correctly unless you have PERFECTLY straight walls.