Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Holidays!!

Ya'll have been spending time making Xmas cards but, I'm just trying to "Catch Up"!! This card is for the CASE study challenge this week {Amy Sheffer....need I say more??}... one of the first blogs I have "drooled" over or... my jaw "hit the keyboard"... !!! Used the colors from C484FN43 {brown, tan, green..perfect for a homespun Xmas card}... found this challenge in the last few months and Lovin it... gets the old brain cells movin'.

Here's my card


Those 3D Verve Xmas trees {Winter Fun A Cut Above Dies} have been calling my name.... I've seen several cards made with this technique and just HAD to throw in my own... die cut four chocolate felt trees and a couple with the patterned paper and stitched down the middle. Trees are popped on top of a nestabilitie blossom die in crumbcake and circle nestabilite embossed with the SU textile folder for a little "homespun" feel. Sentiment is from Verve's Santa's Helper stamped on a Verve embossed oval die and layered on top of some crinkled ribbon, added a couple rustic jingle bells from frostitpink. DP is Authentique Wonder and MME Lost & Found Breeze. 

The colors....


Amy's fabulous card... I went with the layout, two butterflies {substituted two trees} and changed colors.  













TFL!! Now it's time to go "kick my DH's butt bowling".... our Winter pasttime is Wii... the Wii Dance is coming next- can't wait to see him "making the moves" hehehe!!

Appreciate when you stop by and all the kind words!!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Your case if FABULOUS, Vickie!! Looooove those 3D trees. I have that die on my wish list. Great use of the colours too. A real stunner.

Go and kick some serious butt LOL! Hubby and I once went real bowling and I got three turkeys in a row and was kicking his butt so bad that one of the guys at the desk told me to take it easy on him! To which I replied "we're married now so I don't have to be nice to catch him anymore" LOL! Enjoy!

Archana said...

I truly love your butterflies and these pretty colors. Beautiful!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my goodness, Vickie...this is a stunner! The colors are perfect and I ADORE that ribbon! Sweet Christmas trees and lovely holiday theme! This card is an absolute beauty! (And who CAN resist Amy's inspiration?!)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vickie! Love those 3D trees and the jingle bells! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Heather Jensen said...

Stunning! I love the felt trees and rustic bells. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Lisa said...

This is wonderful! Great layers and textures going on here!!!

Aimes said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! I adore those felt trees and your bells - so sweet!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cristina said...

Oh my wow!!! What a stunning, lush card. So glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

Maureen said...

oh, I am loving these 3D trees all over again!! Now I'M going to have to try them!! The studio is a mess, but we're getting there a little bit each day...I'm itching to make a new card, though :) LOST my rusty bells somewhere...will find them I'm sure on the first day of Spring! LOL Thanks for joining us on my first week of CASE Study! Hugs!

Kristina said...

I'm a fan of those 3D trees too, I might have to make some myself! Great card, very lush and forresty (don't think that's a word!)

Visiting from CASE Study
xo, Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com