Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!! The countdown is on....just a few more days, are you ready?? I still have a couple errands, I'm usually done by now and we celebrate Xmas at my older DD's so she even wraps the presents for me, lucky girl I am!! Well, this year I'm moving a little slow but, she's still wrapping--just wants everything by Thursday, WUWT??!! I did have an opportunity to make a card for the CASE study challenge-70 and Play Date Cafe challenge-111. This month at CASE study the Muse is the amazing Amy Sheffer and the PDCC colors are black and white with a splash of teal/blue. These challenges worked perfectly together!!

Here's my card....


Stamped the small sprig from Verve's New Mercies onto white and die cut 2 adorable trees {well, I think they're adorable, LOL!!}, third tree die cut with SU's Baja Breeze and crimped. Die is Verve's Winter Fun Die set. Embossing folder is Sizzix Swirling Stars, layered some torn black paper that was stamped with SU's Itty Bitty bg's {remember those?} in versamark and heat embossed with white for a little snow effect. Sentiment is from Verve's Bright Spirits stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white. Added some SU Baja Breeze seam binding, silver bells, and divine twine bow from The Cats Pajamas {I know it's called Divine Twine but, it really is... so easy to work with!!}

Amy's Gorgeous card...



















The PDCC colors... {isn't that Santa image fabulous!!}



















TFL!! Love when you stop by and appreciate all the kind words!! Most of all... Bless You and May the Lord Keep You Safe!!

12 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Hi Vickie! Your card is absolutely dreamy! Love that soft, beautiful blue ribbon and those sweet trees! The heat embossed sentiment looks gorgeous on the black...the whole card is just awesome!
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, surrounded by your family and I wish you a super blessed New Year!

Lisa said...

This is lovely Vicki! Those trees are so pretty along with the dry embossed background. And the trio of jingle bells is the perfect touch!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the IBB stamp to make the snow! Fabulous idea! I still have that sent and won't give it up :) Love how you used the colours and embossed the cream BG "sky". Fabulously done all round :) I have a wrapping asst. too - love it!!

Sabrina said...

Vicki, I love the embossed background, the beautiful bow with silver bells...and the trees! It's all good!

Teneale Williams said...

Wow Vicki this card is just outstanding, I just love the embossed background.

Debbie Carriere said...

Vickie, this is gorgeous!! Love how you stamped the sprig and used it for the trees - very creative!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Annette said...

wow your card is gorgeous...

Colleen Dietrich said...

Vickie, all I can say is "Wow!" Yep, you've floored me with your gorgeous creation. I wouldn't change a thing!

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe, and Merry Christmas!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Vickie! Looks like a beautiful Winter Wonderland scene!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! I love this colour combo, and you have created such a beautiful card with it.

Amy Sheffer said...

You are just beyond amazing, Vickie! I love this!! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!