Tuesday, January 3, 2012

love U

Been a while since I have made a card and/or posted!! Had a wonderful time with my family over the Holidays.... sisters/neice rang in the New Year having a blast... my neice is 11 and she made us "special hats" to wear... and we did watching the ball drop in Times Square!!

Played a little tonite... (dying to make a card) for the CASE study challenge-- Amy Sheffer's last week as MUSE.



















I went with the layout and used the same stamp set, changed the colors/elements. Papers are Echo Park Yours Truly and SU basic black, whisper white. The "U" was die cut with Verve's "I Heart You" a Cut Above Die and layered on MFT's Dizzy Doily die (larger black) and a MS doily (smaller white). Sentiment is from Verve's "You and I" stamp set, stamped in versmark and heat embossed with white. Added some SU ribbon- stitched down the middle and scrunched- and pom poms.

Amy's card



















Hope you're having a wonderful start to the New Year.... ME.... I'm just trying to get caught up and settled... busy couple of months!!Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I adore the felt pink "u"...eeecckkkk, so sweet...thanks for joining us at CASE Study, have a fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Marisa said...

Wonderful case, Vicki. Love the felt U and the layered doilies :) Happy New year to you and wishing you a fabulous year ahead :)

Sabrina said...

What a fun card Vickie! A lovely Valentine card. I especially like the red ruffle ribbon with the cute little fluffy balls hanging from behind.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card Vickie! Love the felt accents and all of those ribbons are wonderful! Great texture! Sounds like you had a fun New Year's Eve! :D

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is so cute! Love the pompoms and how you scrunched the ribbon! Don't you just LOVE Amy's cards! I am a huge fan of hers! I gotta get that paper, too. Your card is just fabulous!