Monday, March 5, 2012

CASE Study.... CAS style!!

I love to play in the CASE study challenges. This month the MUSE is Laura Bassen.... wonderful CAS style, so graphic-clean-pops- Fabulous!! I struggle with this style... I so want to add this and that, LOL!!

My card...


The tricolor hearts turned into three butterflies tricolored with copics. Butterfly images are from Verve's Blue Skies and die cut with Verve's All Aflutter dies. I have never colored with copics on watercolor paper (started out thinking I was going to watercolor, haha!!) An older background stamp.... Sanded (from Stampin Up) was inked in early espressso (so hard to leave that white space blank!!) Sentiments are from Verve's Wings of Love stamped in early espresso and heat embossed with clear. Backed with early espresso and not cut "perfectly" on purpose!! Verve connection.

Laura's card...


















Even with my Ott lights... it's really hard sometimes to not have shadows.... unless I HIRE someone to hold the lights for me.. even the hubs (who would do anything for me, has his own life.... dang!!)

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the sanded BG. Great case.

Christyne Kane said...

I love those bold & bright butterflies and those sentiments are perfect!! Beautiful card Vickie!!

Maureen said...

eek! Verve a liscious!! Love those single words :) I feel like flying!! LOL Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I feel your pain with managing CAS style, but I think you did fantastic! Love all that Verve goodness!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Lol Vickie! I know exactly what you mean! I struggle with this style too! But think of this as practice! :) Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Elaine said...

Fabulous... Hugs Elaine