Monday, April 23, 2012

Hearts and Thoughts

First time trying the negative die thing... I've seen some wonderful examples by many bloggers-naming just a few (Melissa Connelly, Laura Bassen, Christina McLaren) I'm sure I've missed a few but, these are the ones that come to mind, and Laurie Schmidlin used them on her CASE study card for this week. Have been wanting to try this out.

 

Used a bunch of scraps from MME Lost & Found Papers (yes, I am in LOVE with MME papers) cut at 1/2", layered on white cardstock. Crumbcake cardstock -die cut a heart with SU crumbcake cardstock using a Spellbinders Heart nestabilitie. Added a sentiment from Verve's  Words Cannot Express- love the gorgeous font. I went with the heart theme, colors, and CAS concept!! 

Laurie's fabulous card...


















Hope you're having a wonderful Monday. I'm tickled pink at finally using the negative of a die... slow, I know!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!! Removed the thoughts...'cause it was medical news... it wasn't real bad (no cancer, no terminal disease)... but, a chronic one and after I typed it... I felt resolved, so I could delete and go on!!

OMG.... get to stampin' I LOVE stopping by, although sometimes I'm slow I'm busy and can't get by as much as I would like!!

TFL!!

6 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your piecing came out beautiful. Blessings!

Marisa said...

I don't think I have ever used a negative either! You may have just inspired me :) Love your case :)

Janelle said...

I think it looks amazing! I've attempted the negative of a die and it took me forever to get it right! ha-ha

Debby said...

You totally rocked the negative die technique! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You certainly did rock the challenge again, Vickie!! LOVE IT!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Uh, like, WOW, Vickie! This is amazing, simply put.