Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You're not old...

You're vintage.... B-Day card for my sis!! Family lives in Indiana (small town) and we (most of the family--requires my dad's Suburban-with 5 kids-in laws-grandchildren etc.)  love to go antiquing and one of our conversations in the past related to when something becomes an antique (formal web searching/definition stuff) sooo... when I hit the big 50... she told me I probably qualify for antique now!! We both have gorgeous bracelets made from antique typewriter keys (little boutique shopping too).... this will be for her!


Used Laurie Schmidlin's card from CASE study as my Muse... pretty obvious but, I went with the typewriter, collage in upper right corner, sentiment in lower left, and some stitching, although mines the "wonky" kind. Colors are from the Play Date Cafe Challenge to use Avocado-Blue Mist-Grey Wool.

Laurie's card...


The PDCC colors...



















Hope you're having wonderful week and Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

Ingredients
Stamps: MFT Just My Type stamp/die-namic set
Paper: Odds & Ends (Cosmo Cricket), Gathering (Authentique), Whisper White and Gray (SU)
Ink: Baja Breeze and Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Ribbon, metal tag and two of the buttons (SU), other button from stash, Tag (MFT Award Ribbon die-namic), Divine Twine (TCP)

9 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Vickie, what a fab take on both challenges! I like your typewriter image; it has a good engraved look that really says 'vintage'.

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a great card for your sister Vickie! Surely your sister will treasure this! Such a fun sentiment!

Marisa said...

Oh the little rascal - qualifying as an antique now! Guess I'm in now too :) Great case and I"m sure she will love it. Your bracelet sounds wonderful.

Wanda Cullen said...

This sentiment is just fabulous paired with this vintage image! I'll have to remember that one! Great CASE of Laurie's card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gor-juss!! The typewriter looks fabby in aqua :) Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study this week :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I absolutely love the bundle of buttons at the top! Great vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

Jeanne J said...

What a neat card! I love the sentiment and the buttons for embellishments! Congrats on your win at CASE Study!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous, luv this!

enjoy *~*

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful!!! love the cluster of buttons!! And the ribbon is a fabulous addition!