Friday, May 25, 2012

bloom and grow...

For the CASE study challenge using the CR84FN colors. Worked on another card last week and wasn't totally happy with it! KWIM... reworked things (aka.. started over).  The colors are mint, aqua, and neutral. Aga is the MUSE at CASE study... amazing!

My card....

I CASEd the layout with a bold focal image. Embossed the background with a diamond pattern, used some new Spellinbinders Nestabilities (fairly new to me anywho... aka- I've had this Spellbinders die and not used it as I should have). One layer is Verves' Curvy Bookplate die stamped with the image from Verves' Tag Time... nestled in between. Corner accents on the Spellinbinders die are from Verves' Accent Notes. Background embossed with a Sizzix die (one of my favs) and sentiment is Verve. Added the cork butterfly with a little bling!

Colors...  












MUSE....Aga













Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm coveting that EF you used in the BG!!! I hear you re: reworking something too. Way to stick with it and a huge congrats on yet another WMS win :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Vickie: This is absolutely beautiful!! I would love to have you join our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. We'd be so blessed to have you play along!
Blessings,
Karen L
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Christina said...

I love the texture on this beauty! The fabric flower and cork butterfly are gorgeous, Vickie, and so is the embossed background. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

cbuswell said...

Stunning card, l love the embossing and gorgeous color combo! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally loving the colours and dimension on this card, Vickie! Thank you for joining us for a CASE Study challenge this week!! xx