Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanks to You

For the CASE study challenge using the Play Date Cafe Colors. This month the MUSE at CASE study is Agnieszka Malyszek (Aga) and she creates some fabulous CAS cards. Play Date Cafe colors are Seaweed, Algae, Goldfish, and Black.

Yep.. CAS is too hard for me... some days anywho... here's how I changed things in the last little bit o' time!! It just wasn't balanced right!!



CAS is a struggle for me.... thinking I'm a little "top heavy" on the right!! I do love the striking contrast of the different colors/textures though. I CASEd the flowers, layout, and sentiment placement. Background was embossed with a weathered folder, flowers are Prima- one with an added polka dot brad, bottom layer is a scalloped nestie with the edges inked in black and crumpled up. Crimped the black vertical panel for some added texure. Sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Fancy Phrases.

Here's Aga's card and PDCC colors
























Ahh... it's Monday and always an opportunity for new work adventures, haha!! I've decided I will use those rose colored glasses!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!


11 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the pop of colours against the white. Not too top heavy as your eye flows in a nice diagonal line. Well done :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so so pretty!

Teneale Williams said...

I hear you! I am not a CAS stamper myself and I struggle when I try and keep it simple, Aga's cards are perfect examples for perfect CAS and I am really enjoying her as our MUSE. I don't think it is heavy on the right, I like the white space you have created. I don't know, I think you do CAS very well. Thanks for much for playing at CASE Study this week.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, yes, CAS can be a struggle, for sure! With so few elements on a card, EVERY thing gets noticed. I like your more CAS version on the bottom, I think. And, so cool in our colors this week, too!

Thanks for playing at the Cafe with us, Vickie, and for leaving love at my own blog. :)

Alicia said...

Such a super-classy take on this color scheme. I love those flowers and how they are popping off the white and black. Nice! Thanks for hanging out with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

cbuswell said...

So bold and striking, I love the colors! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Lovely card Vickie! Those blossoms are gorgeous!

Maureen said...

oh, that textured background is fabulous! I here ya on CAS style although I'm determined to master it one day!! ACK! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Stacy said...

Beautiful take on the color challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

STRIKING!!!