Sunday, June 3, 2012

You Can BE....

You can DO... If you read the sentiment, you'll see it's backwards! Love this sentiment and so perfect for anyone who needs a little "push"...to experiment with CAS. CASE study challenge... last week with Aga as the MUSE on CASE study and loved the "splatter" with focal image in the corner. Ahh.. as long as I'm splattering (aka spraying mist everywhere)... maybe there are neat spatterers somewhere... but, I'm thinking it's a messy business with  fabulous results!


Moxie Fab World (fabulous site for inspiration) has a spatter challenge going on. Sprayed some Maya Mist and then stamped the sentiment from The Crafts Meow Typically Teen in SU basic gray. Stamped a butterfly- The Crafts Meow Beautiful Spring -with basic gray onto XPress It Blending cardstock and color with copics (RV series), colored the body of the butterfly with copics (W series), and popped on foam dots.

Here's Aga's card-- you'll love it!!













Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!! I have had a slow- lazy weekend- with a bit o' stampin today!!

8 comments:

Alyce said...

Oh I love that effect of the background Vickie! It works really well and that fuchsia butterfly provides such a nice contrast. A beautiful card!

Christina said...

I'm definitely kicking myself for not getting Beautiful Spring in my TCM order! Your butterfly is gorgeous, Vickie, and so is the mist/splatter. I love how you wrapped one ribbon under the panel and layered one on top. Thanks so much for joining us again at CASE Study!

Marisa said...

Great case and well done with the splatter :) Love the pop of pink the butterfly brings.

Suzanne Russell said...

Hi Vickie! I think this is my first trip to your blog and I like what I see! This card is a beautiful take on the challenge. I peeked a few other posts and you have a lot of style! Great job.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful Vickie! love the grays and pinks - and that wonderful splatter!

Maureen said...

I can just imagine you spraying your little heart out! I have to practise with my new Huey Mist soon! It's just been really windy here! lOL Love those colours and that fabulous butterfly...thanks for playing with us again over on CASE Study :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! That pink butterfly is beautiful and love the sprayed background!

ScrappyKsue said...

I love the splattering look. So pretty!