Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Many Blessings!!

It's been busy around my house but, I was able to sneak in a card for the CASE study challenge this week. #98 and this month's MUSE is Kristii Lockart!!



















When I saw the picket fence, I knew what I wanted to make. I have had PTI's picket fence die for a bit and "shamefully" hadn't used it!! I die cut the fence with SU's wood sheets and painted with Adirondack Snow Cap. Placed a large oval nestie on white cardstock, die cut some cloud dies from MFT and used them as a template to sponge soft sky for the clouds. Stamped several of the two smaller flowers from Verve's Many Blessings onto XPress It cardstock, colored with copics and fussy cut. Some of the flowers were adhered with dots for dimension. Added some leaves and grass using MFT die-namics. Seam binding bow topped with a button and twine bow finished it off. This card is also for the Free For All- F4A124 challenge on SCS to use wood!

Kristii's card
You can see I went with the fence, clouds, flowers, and leaves/grass.
My hubby had his surgery yesterday and he's doing well--in pain but, doing well. Actually, bored and in pain- not the greatest combination for a man, KWIM?!?! Surgery took a little longer- MRI didn't show all the damage as clearly but, eventually he will be able to use him arm again!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Your case is fabulous, Vickie!! Such gorgeous work on this card - you rocked it big time!!! Glad hubby's surgery is over and hoping he heals quickly. Men in pain are a pain LOL and with him bored to boot, you have your hands full. Good thing you are a nurse and have access to some meds if need be, wink, wink ;) Just teasing. Hoping he mends quickly so he can get out and enjoy doing what he loves to do again.

Alyce said...

What a beautiful card Vickie!The layout is just stunning...all of those dies are beautiful. Glad the surgery went well too! xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word... what a beauty, Vickie!! Just love your style :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

Jean Martin said...

Vickie!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!! That scene you created with the die cuts is absolutely WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see you again on the next challenge. :)

Karen M said...

Hi Vickie, I've just had a little stroll around your blog and all your creations are so Fab! I love your sweet style, beautiful! Kx

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Is this ever SWEET!! 8-) Love the Darling Stork and Sweet picket fence! Super BG stamping and ove the stamped flowers too! Just Love the Whole thing! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Stunning! It is Beautiful, so may layers! I love it!
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!!!! I'm so excited that you used your picket fence die!!! The garden scene you created is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Christina said...

Vickie, this is gorgeous! I'm in awe of that beautifully sponged sky and sweet row of flowers. So glad you joined us this week at CASE Study!

febe said...

What an elegant creation! :)

international gift baskets international gift baskets

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Vickie, this is amazingly beautiful! I love the flower box look...I feel as though I'm really looking at a lovely window! Fantastic design!

Pauline said...

Vicki, this is a wonderful scemne, your sponged sky is perfect, a gorgeous card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

My goodness, Vickie! This is one beautiful card! I love the fence and the splashes of red! Wonderfully done! Hope that you had a great weekend! :D