Monday, August 6, 2012

CASE study Anniversary!!

CASE study is celebrating their 2nd Anniversary this month!! This week the challenge is to make a card using your "Signature Style".... not sure I exactly have one, LOL!! To tell the truth I've made some cards, and posted them, that I wasn't exactly happy with!!

Here's the card that made me smile, though!!


As I was browsing on Saturday morn'- I say Chupas' Sketchbook Saturday Challenge and fell in love with the blooms. Later in the day, I was working on another card and came across these large resin flowers from Pizzazzaplenty (not sure that Judy carries these anymore but, she has a fabulouse selection of pearls/rhinestones and other diddies at great prices!) and decided to use them. The stems from Verve's Dream Big and the floral circles from Verve's Bloom & Grow seemed to be perfect! Stamped them in versamark and heat embossed with white SU embossing powder. Cut out the floral circles with Verve's A Cut Above Dies. Added a couple banners using Verve's Ribbon Banner Die and tucked under some papers before adhering the two layers. Sentiment is from Verve's Sweet Treats. Added seam binding from the Ribbon Carousel and a wooden button to finish things off. Link to Verve stamps. Julee is having a Anni-VERVE-sary sale... just sayin'!

Chupa's sketch...













Happy Monday and Hope you have a GREAT week!! Thanks for stopping by and appreciate all the kind words!!

7 comments:

Alyce said...

So cute Vickie! I love those flowers that you created...they are so fun and cheery :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Double whoop for you this week, sweetie!! I's SO glad you joined in the fun at both CASE Study and my blog... I'm positive that you've got your own style, I can smell your card from the distance! lol
Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! The flowers are beautiful and the colors are way fun!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this Vickie!! The flowers look amazing.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful style! It is hard to define our styles, isn't it? Congrats on the shout out!

Debby said...

Those colours are just gorgeous together! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Eeeep! Vickie! This is gorgeous!!!!!! LOVE the 3d effect too! :) Thanks for joining us on our first week of our 2nd Year Anniversary Blog Hop! :)