Sunday, August 12, 2012

CASE study.... Out of the Box!!

CASE study is celebrating their two year anniversary. Last week the challenge was to make a card using your Signature Style... this week is to be "Out of the Box"--- create a card that is not your normal style!! I immediately thought of three things: white on white, CAS, and monchromatic. Eeeeks.... I "bit the bullet" and decided to do a white card but, to trick my brain cells I made an ivory card.... silly I know but, it helped the other nite when I was working on this, LOL!!























Used a fabulous PTI die that I bought a while back, added some more nestabilities dies, sentiment in basic gray from Verve's Love Story and a flowing ivory seam binding bow!! Maybe I'll give this to my hubs on Thursday... it's a 33 year Anniversary... he's so blessed I've lasted this long, LOL!! That's what I'll tell him anway... and our oldest has a Birthday that day... 25.... WOW the years fly!! Can you believe she was born on our Anniversary... stealing the limelight, I tell ya'!!

Hope you had a great WE... we were up early both days and out on the boat by 9am.... catching the lake at it's calmest... best for skiing!! This girl hasn't skiied in 15 years and age factor but, I'm getting up... you never know what Gmas can do (especially when they are challenged, LOL!)

Love when you stop by and appreciated all the sweet comments!! Would love to see your "out of the box" creation... it's a toughie- I know!!

13 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE, love, love!! Wow, that BG die makes such a stunning effect! Guess I need to add that to my wish list. This would make such a great wedding card! Happy anniversary to you!

Jean said...

This is GREAT ~ especially for being out of your comfort zone ~ a very beautiful card ~ Happy 33rd Anniversary on Thursday!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie!! I LOVE white on white/cream on cream and that PTI die makes all the differernce! Drooling over this one. A huge congrats on your anniversary too :)

Aaaaaah to ski on glass....I want to come as it's been forever since I was able to carve a few turns in the water. Many good memories :) Get out there and show them what you can do!!

Sian Ridley said...

I am finding it a little hard to believe that you don't do monochrome and you don't do CAS!? This is a perfect example of both!! It's gorgeous!

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope your daughter enjoys her quarter century birthday :)

Alyce said...

So stunning Vickie...love the layering and beautiful tones :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This card doesn't even remotely resemble an "out of the comfort zone" project. It's fantastic, super gorgeous and very "you" as well! Still, I knew you can handle anything so beautifully :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Anniversary celebrations! xxx

Debby said...

Stunning card - love all the details, layers and interest! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! Love the beautiful background! I must add that die to my wish list! Thanks for the enabling :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous! I wanted to let you know Vickie, that the A Cut Above Scalloped Verve Dies do fit the two smaller flowers in the Verve Dream Big set.....thanks for stopping by and commenting!

enjoy *~*

Maureen said...

oh, just stunning! Really, I think this is one of my fav cards of yours! That ribbon is just luscious! Happy Anniversary! Wow, my measy 5th cannot compare! Thanks for helping us celebrate our 2nd Anniversary over on CASE Study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Vickie! This is gorgeous! Biting the bullet was a good idea after all huh? ;)

Andrea Ewen said...

This card is amazing, Vickie! The monochromatic theme is perfect as it adds to the over-all elegance of your card....it's simply beautiful!

Dorothy S said...

This is gorgeous - I did not follow it closely but was inspired by the trellis for the CASE challenge this week.