Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Make a Wish!!

The last week of the CASE study challenge Anniversary is to CASE a player. This card by Jenny Martin "caught my eye"

Loved the pink, orange, yellow with a black silhouette. Need to work on the emboss resist/sponging thing... maybe soon!!

My card...






















Used an image and sentiment from The Crafts Meow by Nina B Butterfly Kisses. Just makes me smile!! Embossed the background with Vintage Wallpaper from SU and added the color with seam binding from the Ribbon Carousel. Originally had a different idea for the seam binding ribbon but, as I was playing tonight... loved the triple color bow!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

PS... Live in Charlotte, NC... kids just back to school and the DNC is coming next week.... traffic is a bit busy right now and totally dreading the DNC traffic...I work just a few blocks from the TimeWarner Cable Arena.....wondering if I need to add an extra day to my holiday weekend!!

9 comments:

Nerina said...

I love the way you've used a silhouette here against a textured background and then brought in COLOUR in your beautiful ribbon treatment. So elegant, but fun!

Ren-Yi said...

Oh this is perfect! i love this lil card - so elegant and the silhouette just pops against such fun bright colors! The embossing is so elegant too - you're making me want to dust off my embossing folders :)

Wanda Cullen said...

How creative to use the colors in the ribbon treatment...it allows the sweet silhouette image to pop so much more against the white!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word!! How I love the colourful ribbons on this b&w card! It's so effectve, I should really try it myself :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Alyce said...

Love this Vickie! The colours of the ribbons is great and I love the silhouette :)

Jean Martin said...

Vickie!!!! Love the colors you used!!! And that stamp is one of my favorites from TCM! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Debby said...

Your card just pops right out the gallery! Love the silhouette with bright colours. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, what an amazing design, Vickie! The black and white base with those vibrant ribbon colors is fantastic! It's a delight for the eyes!

Jeanne J said...

What a striking image... love the silhouette and all the detail in the wings. You kept it fun and ight with the pop of the bright ribbons!