Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carpe Diem

Allrighty... I LOVE this sentiment  "Live in the moment" Now, that doesn't mean I excel at it although..I need to learn to do this a bit more in my life {yes, I'm a worrier}. I was having fun when I made this card- focusing on texture and color.

My weekly installment of the CASE Study challenge -- one of my fav challenges!! CASE study presents a card from the monthly MUSE and you get to chose how to interpret it... layout, colors, theme.... whatever tickles your fancy!! This month Julia Stainton  is the MUSE and I was just reading her original blog post for this card.. all about texture! Obviously rubbed off, LOL!!























Julia's card..


















I started out this post with an epistle...I have done this before {well, not AS bad as before... different circumstance... and NO, that is not what I should do.}

Thinking of everyone that has been in the path of Hurricane Sandy or the combination of Hurricane Sandy and other weather fronts as I post this... they are "living life in the moment"... that's the only option. Makes me realize that my worries may not be as significant, KWIM??

Anywho... hope you are having a good week.... !!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Write as many epistles as you like - love reading them :) I also LOVE your card!! Fabulous use of that die and the corrugated panel makes me swoon LOL! Great CASE my friend!!

Sientje said...

Such a beautiful card. Love everything on it, the die, the corrugated background, the colours. It's just perfect.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is exquisite, Vickie~your post is well said too.
Congrats on the top 3-well earned!

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the cas design!

Debby said...

Yep, you packed the texture in and I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love, love , love this! The colors are exquisite ! The flowers, the die cut and that splash of color with the ribbon...fabulous!