Monday, October 8, 2012

Thinking of You... CASE study!!

This month the MUSE at CASE study is the Julia Stainton. Fabulous designer of cards and for LillyBee Designs as well. In honor of Julia and her card to CASE this week I went a little shabby!!

Other good news--Eeeks... my blogging friend Jeanne Jachna- is the Guest DT.... so excited... this girl makes some gorgeous cards!!


So... I used a Spellbinders Impressionabilitie Flourish to make my background. You can use these as an embossing folder or as a stencil. I used mine as a stencil on canvas and sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in bahama blue and Meadow Green. Layered that onto a cream cardstock with craft background. Added some lace, flowers, doo dads from Michaels, and chole stems from Memory Box. The sentiment is from Verve's Borderline set stamped on a small MFT doily and distressed.

Julia's card


















Head on over to the CASE study blog- you have until tomorrow night to create a card based on Julia's. Happy Monday!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all when you do and all the sweet comments!!

10 comments:

Sasha said...

Beautifully created card, Vickie! x

Marisa said...

Fabulous case, Vickie :) Love the lace, flower cluster and garnish.

Wanda Cullen said...

Whoa! This is stunning! Gorgeous lace and that BG is awesome!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love everything about this case! The colour scheme, the way you've done the background and the embellishments you've used!

Maureen said...

so many elegant details! It's a fabulous month at CASE Study, eh? Lots of inspiration! Seeing Verve stamps always makes me smile :)

Aimes said...

Loving your shabby take on the CASE Study!
Thanks for studying with us at CASE Study this week!
Hugs!
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm totally head over heels with your card! Especially the background, how come I haven't tried that trick before??! lol
Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! xxx

Christina said...

Vickie, this is stunning! The canvas background is gorgeous! Such a beautiful cluster of embellishments, too. Thanks for joining us again this week at CASE Study!

Jean Martin said...

OMG!!!! Vickie! You floored me with this one! Soooooooo beautiful!!!! My favorite! :)

Jeanne J said...

You are putting me to shame!!! That background is amazing - I just stared and stared and read the directions twice. MUST TRY THIS - not that it will look anywhere near this good - AMAZING Vickie! Simply Stunning!