Monday, November 26, 2012

CASE Study with Angeline Yong!!

I missed the CASE study challenge last week {holiday and Bill's surgery- rotator cuff- left me one hand short in the Holiday preparations!} so when things settled down I was wanting to play!! This month the MUSE at CASE study is Angeline Yong. Yikes, Angeline did a fabulous one layer card. There are so many cardmakers that do CAS perfectly- they just balance everything and add just the right elements- this is a new challenge for me!

Angeline's card

This is my first card... using Waltzingmouse Stamps Festive Foliage and sentiments from Say it Loud Winter Holidays stamped on PTI linen vellum, gives the images a softer look- I did add a couple layers.

So, I made a second card with only one layer- Yes, Yes, Yes I made a one layer card!! The sentiment and those gorgeous snowflakes are from The Crafts Meow Vintage Snowflakes. I did add a little bling in the center of some of the snowflakes for a little "sumpin sumpin"


Hope the week has started well and you have a fabulous one!! Me, I reported for jury duty bright and early this am and have to report back tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow will be a short day- things have been fairly quiet at work until the last two weeks so, this girl has work in abundance to accomplish!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Not one but TWO CAS cards, one of them being a one LAYER card!! You go girl!! They are showcasing your fabulous talent as a stamper :) Drooling over those gorgeous snowflakes and colours you used on that card! Beautiful pine cones too! You rocked this CASE BIIIIIG time!! Hope the jury duty stint is short and sweet - I have dodged it twice thanks to nursing kids when I was called.

Genital estetik said...

don't worry man, all these happening are life lessons,now happiness will come.
Kızlık zarı

elizabetakushner said...

They are very beautiful! Love those stamp sets! :)

Debby said...

Two gorgeous cards but must admit the second one with the gorgeous coloured snowflakes is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Vickie these are gorgeous! I LOVE the color combination you used on the snowflake card! I just might have to lift that combination!!! Beautiful! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are gorgeous, don't know which one I like better!!

Wida said...

I love the acorn stamp!!!!!

Wida said...

sorry I didn't get to finish my comment because my daughter came into the room. I wanted to say that CAS is your calling. you do that style so well. both these cards are so gorgeous! the stamp placement is perfect, the color choices are perfect. it's just perfect!