Tuesday, November 13, 2012

friends till the end-CASE study

Another week and another CASE study card. This month the MUSE at CASE study is Angeline Yong... another fabulous card.... she's making me work on a CAS style- it's all good- need to try new things!!

I went with the overall layout and distressing. Moved the sentiment as it worked better with my card. The flowers were die cut with an MFT flower dies using SU cherry cobbler, misted, scrunched, and left to dry. The largest flower center is a piece of burlap-- now, for the life of me I tried to make the smaller flower centers burlap too- but, I was having no luck {belatedly thought of another idea to try but, no time}!! Thinking about it now I like the different centers for texture- one is a wooden button and the other is a chipboard button. Distressing was done using TH Antique Linen and SU Marina Mist. Flower stems are from The Crafts Meow Flower Garden and sentiment is from Verve's Making a Statement- both stamped in SU Early Espresso.

Here's Angeline's card


Hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday. I'm trying to get a couple more cards done before Thursday am- DH is having another surgery- this time on his left shoulder- they say it's not as bad as the right one that was operated on in July.... geesh, that man is falling apart, LOL!! I'm hoping it's true {not as bad as the right shoulder} since I had an "unnursely" moment with him in July- we had to go our separate ways for a couple hours on post-op day 1!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Great case, Vickie!! Love kraft and red together and the burlap center is a brilliant idea. Love the mix of centers you used.

LOL at your "unnursely" comment. Hopefully he has learned to be a good patient wink, wink. Wishing him a good surgery and a quick recovery :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! I love the sentiment too!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Vickie! Love the trio of red blossoms!

Pauline said...

A great take on the case card Vicki, I love the dimension and texture here.

Christina said...

Vickie, the first thing that I noticed about your flowers was the different centers, and how cool the burlap looks! I love that they each have a different texture. I hope your husband's surgery goes well! Hang in there!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Low, love, love those red posies!!! What a great CAS!!!