Monday, December 10, 2012

For You... CASE study challenge!

In between my Blitz Christmas shopping, I took a minute (actually a few) and made a card for this week's CASE study challenge. There is a new MUSE... Windy Robinson (one of the go-to gals at Paper Crafts).


I went with the embossing with Spellbinder dies, ribbon, and flowers. My card is a softer, frilly version. I embossed two of the Spellbinders Marvelous Squares onto white cardstock. Added some SU taffeta ribbon after making a slice in the embossed images of the second largest die. The last Marvelous square, I used,  was die cut and a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps Compliments of the Season Two was stamped in basic gray and popped on top. Added a Prima flower in gray and a pink Wild Orchid Crafts flower to finish.

Windy's card...


You have until tomorrow night to play along... all the details at the CASE study blog. 

Thanks for stopping by!! Hope you're having a great start to the week and I appreciate all the kind words!!

PS... I am proud to say that I am well on my way to being finished with the Christmas shopping... this WE got a lot done!! My oldest and her family are finished, my youngest was working all WE so we'll need to finish up in the next couple of weeks... yes, I know but, sometimes it's best when they get older to pick out exactly what they want. She will be getting at least one suprise though... last year that one suprise was worth a million to me (teared up!!)

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Totally gorgeous card, Vickie!! Just love the embossing and pink and grey and white is always a favorite combo of mine. Great case! Now you have me wondering what got you all teary LOL!

Claire said...

An absolute stunner Vickie - I'm so wanting those Marvellous Squares and have instructed my better (?) half to speak to Santa for me!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! Love the beautifully embossed panel and pretty flower treatment!

Jean Martin said...

Woah girl! This is stunning!!!!! It's so elegant and intricate! I LOVE that!!!! :)

Debby said...

Wow full of dimension and lovely details. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jeanne J said...

So elegant Vickie - just stunning - love the white embossed die cuts and the beautiful flowers!

Marybeth said...

Wow…. gorgeous! Love the dies and the way you put the ribbon in the back of the dies… sooo pretty!