Monday, January 7, 2013

Hi There-CASE study!!

Happy Monday!! I'm here with a card for the current CASE study challenge!! I have to say... I'm loving the new computer but, it's different (took 96 minutes-yes, I looked at the time on the phone- to load PSE yesterday-Adobe PSE customer support pawned me off to Dell and I have to say the Dell person hung with me until things were loaded, it was not easy for them either- great customer service, still learning how to navigate through Windows 8-totally different) but, it "moves" and it's an All in One System!! The mouse is heavy- doesn't move as smoothly- thinking out loud-blog loud!!

So, I got off track there.

Here's my card


CAS, at least for me anywho! Stamped a flourish from WMS Flourishes & Scallops & Dots with SU crumbcake onto a crumbcake panel. DP behind this panel is from the Authentique Fresh collection embossed with CB swiss dots. The bird is from my stash- Recollections. Love the pop of red with blue and kraft. I have this goal to use up some of the goodies that I have collected (paper, embellies etc). Added ribbon, twine, and a pearl to finish things! Cute sentiment is Verve's Wordy Birds.

Windy Robinson is the MUSE and here's the card I CASED


Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!! I am so happy this is a new year, after hubby's two surgeries and the holidays it feels good to move on to a more normal life!!

10 comments:

Kristi S said...

I adore this! Love your take on the sketch and I seriously have a thing for red birds!

Hugs,
Kristi

Marisa said...

Fabulous case, Vickie!! Love the flourish and the bird is fabulous. Sorry to hear the set up took so long but glad things are now working :)

Laura said...

BEAUTIFUL, simply beautiful!

Kristen said...

The bird is so bright and pretty against your kraft, and the touch of light blue is perfect!

xo, Kristina
visiting from CASE study challenge
Hope you can stop by to say hello :)
www.pearlgateway.com

Debby said...

Computers - it's a love/hate relationship! Wonderful card, love how the red bird pops off the page. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study over the holidays :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie, not fun! I agree computers can be such a hassle sometimes, and to think they were created to make our lives easier, lol ;-) Your card is Fabulous Vickie!! Love your Fabulous bird! It pops right off the screen! Just Beautiful Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is WONDERFUL and such a great case. LOVE it! Hugs, Karin

Julia Aston said...

Love that beautiful bird against the kraft and pretty flourishes Vickie! I hear ya about the pain of learning something new!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, that bird is just gorgeous! You really played it up by putting it against a soft background with subtle stamping. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study, Vickie!

Jean Martin said...

OMGoodness Vickie! That bird looks 3D!!! I had to move my screen around because I was so amazed by it! Gorgeous card!!!!