Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CASE study- Embrace Life!!

Julie Ebersole continues as the March MUSE for CASE study and Chupa picked another fabulous card to CASE. And Moxie Fab World has a challenge on Emphasizing the Negative {which I did in the traditional using the negative of a die but, also using the negative or de-bossed side of an embossing folder}.

Julie's card...


Love the negative die cutting, bold sentiment, and kraft.

Mine....


Used the TH brick embossing folder but, the negative or d-ebossed side... distressed with SU Early Espresso and Antique Linen. The negative flower scallop was made using Verve's Goodness Flowers die and enhanced with some patterned paper from Authentique Journey. Added some leaves with Verve's Dreamy Leaves and stamped with the solid image from Dream Big using SU Early Espresso. Sentiment is also from Dream Big. Added a little button I fell in love with the other day at Michaels....

My trip to Michaels {across town- there's one closer} was on a crafter's crisis run!! I broke the handle on my Big Shot-- clean off- no fixing, no soldering - no nothing!! Was a little embarrassed that I couldn't make a card or even start one the night it happened-- I was totally stumped!! Well, I had plans "in my head" and needed a die cutting machine- geesh!! The silly part is that I turned around and made a card without using the dang thing within 48 hours.


Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Lvoe that brick EF and the sponging is fabulosu one it. Lovely leaves adn cute button! Great take on the challenge. Pretty impressive taking out the handle on your Big Shot. Patients and hubby better not mess with you LOL!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! I love the dry embossed distressed background!

Jeanne J said...

You just snuck this one in at the end of CASE Vickie! I've had that Tim Holtz background for a while - never used it. I like what you did here. Something about it reminds me of the city and how you will see a flower growing out of a crack somewhere - that pop of life that is just stunning and amazing at the same time. Glad you got you new Big Shot - sometimes I have a hard time explaining all my supplies to DH - Big Shot? GOTTA HAVE IT!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Vickie, that button is to die for! LOVE it on this card! LOVE your window with the stripes paper! LOVE the bricks! All around FAB!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow. You had me staring at this card for a bit there. SO much texture and detail. Absolutely brilliant! :)

Cath said...

Hey Vickie! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)