Tuesday, April 30, 2013

a hug from your...

Playing with the CASE study challenge this week along with Waltzingmouse Stamps....good combination... makes me happy!! It's the last week at CASE study with JJ Bolton as the MUSE and it's another fabulous card.

Here's my card


Love the WMS Bitty Banners... stamped in different patterns/colors and layered over some clouds that were die cut and popped up with dimensionals. Distressed the edges of the clouds with ink to help them stand out from the background. Sentiment is from WMS Compact sentiments- Family. Kept the inside blank until I know who I will send this to- can "gussy up" the inside and chose the sentiment (from the same WMS set).... could be mum-mom-sister-auntie-niece and all the "boy" choices are there along with other sentiments to build on.

JJ's card....



Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!! Hope you're having a good start to the week....I'm getting some stampin' time in and that makes for a "HAPPY GIRL"!!

5 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Vickie! Love the little pennant and how you added inked detail to the clouds! There is just something about a banner that makes me smile :)

Marisa said...

Loving the clouds and the banner!! Great card.

Sue Lelli said...

Vickie, LOVE the clouds and the banner! LOVE the distressing around the edges of the clouds! FAB detail!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful dimension with those clouds and such great patterned paper. Fabulous design, Vickie!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What great balance you have here, Vickie. (I adore that arrow paper clip, perfect with the banner!) If I tried clouds and a banner and twine, it would look all, well, too much. I'm bookmarking this to CASE and try again to see if I can achieve this kind of layout balance! TFS!!