Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CASE STudy- Thanks!!

Happy Tuesday!! It's a bright sunshiney day and hubs is checking the air conditioners as I type!! Yippee... you know it's spring when it's time to make sure the air conditioner is working!! {I am a little more concerned about the upstairs one working- that's shameful to say- but, that's where my stamping room is} Our house is a Cape Cod style so upstairs is a "catwalk" with two small wings. The craft room - one small window with two dormers and dang... it gets hot! I have to say it's a nice size room so I can't complain too much... except when I'm sweating... that's not pretty!!

Enough of that... I had the chance to play at CASE study this week. This month the Muse is JJ Bolton with a card that I drooled over... was fascinated by... when I saw it!!

 
Wow... what imagination and creativity!!
 
I studied the tutorial and started a card perfectly per the instructions {yes, I follow instructions once in a while} except my image was too large/long {three of the big flowers} and the letters didn't show up. The thing was... I fell in love with the "flowery" letters that I die cut so I decided to try to make it work.
 
My card...
 
 




Re-stamped the background and used the letters that "matched up" and used the letters from my original that had some of the flower image. Added some leaves and pearls to finish. The stamps are Verve's Dream Big. Masked the flower with Verve's Scallop Flower dies to add the leaves. A few pearls to finish.

Fun technique- will be experimenting with this again!

Thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I think is my very favorite card of yours Vickie...i love what you have done stamping on the die cut letters...I was not brave enough to try that this week, but you have inspired me to give it a try. Beautiful job, so crisp and perfectly stamped.

My Paper Epiphany said...

You have mastered this technique! Your card is beautiful.

Marisa said...

Way to use the technique and flash some Verve in the process :) Lovely card - well done!! Can't believe you are looking at air already! Oh my! We still have our furnace on LOL!

Jeanne J said...

You did a trick on JJ here Vickie - instead of sticking to the one stamp I love that you stamped all the letters to give more color and make themn really pop! Beautiful and so clever!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vickie! I LOOOOVE how you stamped the die cut letters! Thanks for the inspiration!

Darryl Iorio said...

Spring is indeed here. I am happy to hear that you make sure your air conditioner is working just fine, and are prepared for the heat that comes with the season. And while your husband's at it, you can ask him to check on the other room's AC as well. Good luck!
Darryl Iorio

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Vicki, very clever stamping!

Kara said...

this is really stunning!! came out just perfect!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Whoa, Vivki! Dare I say that I like yours better? I mean really, really like it!!

Launce Newlove said...

That's a lovely card, Vickie! And it's a unique technique too. Anyway, I'm happy to know that your husband is taking preventive measures for the AC. We just can't afford to have a broken AC especially in the midst of spring. I hope the one in the stamping room gets checked too!

-Launce Newlove

Levi Eslinger said...

Since it’s upstairs and closer to the roof, it tends to heat up pretty quick as compared to rooms below. It’s good that you had it checked as well as the other units in the house. I myself make it part of my spring cleaning routine to clean and check the A/C for possible problems, although I am ashamed to admit I only do it during this time of the year, and probably won’t do so unless it breaks down or something. XD

Levi @ CapitalPlumbing.ca