Saturday, April 13, 2013

WOW!!

Had fun making this card for the current CASE study challenge using the Color Throwdown colors. JJ Bolton continues to be the Muse at CASE study and she IS the die-cutting queen!! I was a bit intimidated at first but, when you want to play--you just have to get over it, right!!

I used a PTI background die and cut in the colors from Color Throwdown and mixed/matched until I was okay with it. It seemed a little plain to me so I overstamped the panel with WMS Offbeat Backgrounds, Added a flag tag with sentiment from WMS Compact sentiments (there is a Compact Sentiment 1and 2---some of my absolute fav sentiments!). Punched circle with button, and twine to finish.
 
 
Here's JJ's card....

WOW, huh--my sentiment fits my thoughts exactly!!
 
 
The colors....



We're having gorgeous weather here!! Hubs is planting flowers and veges!! I probly should be outside helping but, the "room" was calling my name!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh, love your case :) The dots on top are a perfect touch for some depth and texture. Yeah for hubby! Sounds like his shoulder is doing well :)

Deborah Frings said...

Vicki - this is just stunning! I love the die cut you used and the colours are so vibrant! I think the sentiment is perfect with the card!

Wida said...

I love everything about it! Such a standout in the gallery

Cathy Weber said...

Love the over stamping on this one Vickie...I don't recognize the Wow...first thought it was Mom, backwards but I may buy that set just for the one sentiment alone!

Lisa Kind said...

Great sentiment for this card! It is a "wow"! Love it! It just pops off the page"

Tammy Hershberger said...

Vickie, I ADORE what you did with these colors! THIS. CARD. IS. FABULOUS!!! Thanks for joining us this week for the Color Throwdown!

Maureen said...

oh, Vickie! This is just delicious! I love the way you took the inspiration and ran with it! What a cool technique...I want to CASE you now! THanks for playing with us again and "just doing it!" LOL

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! Love the fun background you've created! WOW!

Jeanne J said...

Beautiful card Vickie - I like that you took it a step further and stamped on the pieces - it really adds lots of texture and dimension. The pop of color from the red and blue is a knock out!