Tuesday, June 11, 2013

CASE Study and CAS(E) this Sketch

Had a quick moment to make a card for this week's CASE Study challenge. The MUSE this month is Lisa Spangler.



Have not had an opportunity to stamp much lately (aching back- aching might be an understatement!!) so this card is pretty straightforward. I added a rainbow of colors based on the color in Lisa's card using 1/4" ribbon, the feathers are from a QuikKutz die I have had in my stash for a while, and the sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It.

Lisa's card....



I used the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch. This is my first time playing in this challenge. Since Chupa is making me work on  clean and simple (although the Queens of CAS make cards that are not so simple!!) I thought I would find a sketch to help me get going!!


Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!


signature

14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Your feathers are fabulous Vickie! A great way to tackle both challenges. Thank you for joining us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Marisa said...

Loving the feathers and ribbon colours. Great CASE :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great case! Especially love the sentiment!

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very clever, Vickie. I love how great this sentiment goes with your feathers. Great creativity!

Karen Amidon said...

I love how you made the feathers natural and your color came from the ribbons. Great design!

Andrea Ewen said...

Way to work those ribbons, girl! What a great effect...the colors are so brilliant against the kraft background!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh no Vickie! I'm sorry to hear you are hurting :( Sending get well wishes your way! Your card is simply wonderful! Love the rainbow of color and the trio of feathers!

Deborah Frings said...

First love the card - the rainbow of colours and the feathers are just super, and go perfectly with the sentiment!

Second, I do hope that the back improves soon. I know how hard it can be when your back goes out. Hugs, Deborah x

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute! It made my giggle after reading your sentiment. Love you use of feathers too, so sweet.

Sue Lelli said...

I think it's Brilliant how you made this card without much stamping and with the rainbow of ribbons! Pretty card! Hope you back mends soon!

Darnell J Knauss said...

OMGosh, Vickie, this is so fun! I've never seen that sentiment and it is FAB, especially with the feathers! I hope your poor aching (SCREAMING?) back pain lessens for you soon!!

Maureen said...

love those kraft feathers and the rainbow :) Adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Popping back to congratulate you, Vickie, on the well-deserved shoutout from CTS!!

Jeanne J said...

HOw did I miss this? Really??? Wonderful rainbow of colors here - absolutely gorgeous!