Sunday, July 14, 2013

CASE study- One Love

Okie dokie- the NC weather is still not cooperating so, I ended up with some free time and played in the CASE study challenge this week. The MUSE this month is Jocelyn Olson and we are being treated to some hybrid fabulousness.

Jocelyn's card...
 
I have never done anything like this and honestly wasn't sure I had it in me, LOL!! Just don't normally have that much patience with programs and I'm usually a "hands on" kinda girl!!
 
My hybrid card....



That's a pic of my daughter at her wedding. I was pretty proud of myself for accomplishing this and not sure I remember all the steps in PSE to do it again!! I purchased my digital frame from  Lillypad  and the sentiment is from Verve Love Story. Added some red seam binding ribbon/bow and a flower.

While I was into the wedding pics, I thought I would post a few from the wedding {was supposed to do that for a couple of my blog friends and I'm about a year and a half late--- sorry!!



My daughter had a small but, lovely wedding. The wedding and reception were held in a historical home that had been through many changes/owners and was even an appt. type home at one time. The current owners renovated it- saved what they could from the original home and now they have events. It's a beautiful southern home.
 
This is a pic of Lauren and my youngest daughter, Haley.
 
 
 
 

This picture is of Lauren, Michael, and children (Devin and Maddie).

The flower girls. Lauren had ordered them flowers to match everyone else and then the oldest let us know that she thought she was throwing petals so..... I am a "sucker" for granting a fairytale!! For the wedding they had little baskets and threw rose petals.



 
 
The first pic is my youngest Haley {a close up} and the second is one happy bride!!
 
Sorry about the pics not being totally lined up right but, blogger is giving me a headache!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!
 
signature

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Your card is FABULOUS, Vickie!! Love the B & W with the pop of red and the frame around the focal image is delightful. You aced that sketch indeed!!

Love the wedding pictures! What a wonderful place to get married. The front porch of a historical home is magical!! She's a girl after my own heart having red dresses and that fabulous mix of colours for the flowers - happy sigh :) Love how the flower girl's dress mimics her wedding dress too! Oh and that swing shot - so lovely - though I think I would have taken a picture of me standing on it and swinging to making it go high LOL! Thanks for posting them!! We'll forgive the fact they are a tab late ;)

Wanda Cullen said...

You totally rocked that CASE challenge!! What a gorgeous hybrid photo card! That challenge scared me away - lol! Loved seeing your wedding photos. We just married off our middle son two weeks ago and it was a small wedding...yours looked about the same size as Mark's wedding. I'll post pics as soon as the photographer gets them edited.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, girl! I'm so happy you tried hybrid, it turned out fantastic!! What a great way to preserve the memories of such a great day too, lots of fabulousness in this post! <3

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

OMG!! What a gorgeous card! The red ribbon is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your daughter's wedding! So pretty! Just love the colors of the flowers and the dresses!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty and elegant card Vickie! Love the beautiful bow!

Stunning wedding photos! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Charlene said...

Oh Vickie, your card is spectular!!! I am no good at digital and end up frustrated lol!! Your daughter is gorgeous and the wedding pictures are beautiful!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is Amazing Vickie! And the Pictures - absolutely wonderful!!! and your daughter is sooo Beautiful! LOVE that last Picture!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful wedding photo's wow! Your card is just as beautiful as those photos!

Silke Ledlow said...

Vickie, I think you have outdone yourself...this is simply gorgeous!!! I love the card...the black/white and the splash of red are my favorites!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pics...and for joining us at the CS this week..hugs ~S~

Tracey McNeely said...

Vickie I love your card, fabulous digital frame and he picture is so lovely. Congrats to your daughter and new SIL. All such lovely and vibrant picture. You should be a proud mama. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE Study!

Jean Martin said...

Vickie this is so elegant! I love it! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats to your daughter! The photos are great. What a pretty color scheme she had. I have been hooked on the tv show "my fair wedding with David Tutera". I think he would approve of this wedding!