Sunday, September 15, 2013

CASE study- With Sympathy

Good Sunday afternoon- I've playing a little with stamps and ink!! Made this card for this week's CASE study challenge. Haven't been able to play along in a while so I was thrilled to get the opportunity!!

This month the MUSE is Kathy Racoosin and here's her card...

 Here's mine....




I die cut Simon Says Stamp Piestra Tile and used it as a mask. Sponged pinks, blues, and purples to created the patterns. Added a sentiment from Waltzingmouse stamps Big Day Today and added some sequins for a little something. Focused on the general layout, colors, and horizontal stripes (albeit mine are a little different!)

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday. I have to go make salsa and pack (going out of town for a few days for work!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

11 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Gorgeous sponging and colours on this card Vickie! The way the colours fade away is perfect!

Thanks so much for the kind words left on my blog. I truly appreciate them.

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Vickie! That background is so pretty!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very clever and effective! I love the soft colours.

Marisa said...

Fabulous case!! Love it :) Hope the out of town trip is quick and doesn't mess up your schedule too much.

Wanda Cullen said...

Ooohh...how lovely! What a great CASE interpretation! Safe travels to you as you are out and about!

Jeanne J said...

How cool is this and how did you think of it? I love all the color you squeezed in there and gosh the white sentiment on the pink cardstock - beautiful!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a beautiful creation. I love the way your backgrounds fade to white. Such a creative design.

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely stunning!

Jackie said...

The sponged ink pattern is wonderful!!! So pretty!

Renee said...

Simply beautiful!
A perfect card for a difficult time!

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY, Vickie and I LOVE your subtle colors!