Monday, October 21, 2013

CASE study-- hello!

Here's my CAS card for this week's CASE study challenge. Elena is the MUSE this month. Click on the link for all the details. She creates some fabulous cards and fabulous party ensembles!!

My card...

 
This is not a style that comes easy for me!! But, it's a challenge and stimulates my brain cells.... maybe a little headache.... but, the synapses work harder. I focused on the wood grain, touch of red, and one word sentiment. The birds are chickadees from Serendipity stamps- the image was stamped on cherry cobbler cardstock and fussy cut so that I had only the birds and not the tree branch/foilage in the image. Added some birch die cuts, embossed the background, and added the die cut hello.
 
 
Elena's card...



Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Vickie! Love the textured background and sweet red birds!

Marisa said...

This is stunning, Vickie! Love it!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful use of the sketch, Vickie! I love the red birds. They just pop against the neutral colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing take on the inspiration photo...those trees and sweet red birds, stunning.