Saturday, October 12, 2013

it's what's on THE INSIDE that counts!!

Got out my matyroshka dolls from Waltingmouse stamps and played in a few challenges! Ohhh... I ADORE these dolls!! And I ADORE that I had a chance to play a little :)

Here's my card...

 Pretty straightforward coloring with copics (no blending- folk art doesn't call for that) after I stamped the images and heat embossed with clear. The dolls and sentiment are from Waltzingmouse Stamps You're a Doll and You're a Doll Additions. I am in love with the contrast in colors here and the sentiment is sooooo perfect!!

I was inspired by the pic at CASE Study ....
Used the ColorQ colors....

And the Retrosketch...


How's that for a "threefur"--- tickled pink myself!! Hope you're having a wonderful WE!! We went on an IKEA run today- changing out the desk in the stamp room- hubs didn't think I had measured the wall correctly sooooo.... the table top we purchased will be replaced with a longer one tomorrow and all rearranged!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the sentiment with the image and well done on the triple challenge card. Being of Czech/Russian descent, we had some real nesting dolls in our house and I use to love playing with them as a little girl so this image brought back great memories :)

Yeah for an IKEA run!! Good luck with the rearranging :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is adorable!!! :D

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful combination of challenges! I adore these little dolls and yours are beautifully coloured! Love the ruffle ribbon!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Vickie! The ribbon and enamel dots are the perfect finishing touches to this beautiful card. :-)

Katie said...

Wow! A nice three-fur, indeed! Love the colors, love the images, love your take on the sketch! Nice work :) Katie

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ooooh, how fun to get a new IKEA desk and get everything all correctly arranged!! Your card is so sweet and so impeccable - it's a winner to me!!

Jen said...

Wonderful! The dolls are perfect for these colors. Love the chevron background and the little bits of ribbon peeking out. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, how sweet...the inspiration colors are perfect for your little nesting dolls! Adorable! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Claire said...

Wow - these dolls looks amazing Vickie...what a great combination of all those challenges and I love the little pops of yellow! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Sylvia said...

Sweet card, Vickie, love the way you colored the dolls, also love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super WOW! And love the blue frills you added, perfection on this take and the colour Q too!!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Vickie! I love your dolls - they remind me of the real thing... the black just makes all that color pop! Wonderful!