Tuesday, December 10, 2013

You have earned your wings...

....many times over!! How fabulous is that sentiment!! It is from Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers and now there are coordinating dies... happy!! Ha- as I was typing this post... a little thought came to me that I HAVE earned my wings...That is shopping at a mall for 6 hours straight, well maybe 5 1/2 hours with a 14 year old granddaughter and my daughter who is no "slouch" when it comes to shopping! Really, I shouldn't complain- got a lot of the Christmas shopping done. I used to be so good and start in October but, the last few years... it's been a December thing. Maybe because I have to make sure those kids have made final decisions?

AND... my youngest has a BIG Birthday on Monday... 21!! SO hard to believe, seems like just yesterday she was mowing the yard with Bill- in a baby backpack/carrier- well, he mowed and she hung out on his back! She was just a little one but, that is what calmed her and, any mother/father would understand... we accommodated her!!

Anyway...

This month CASE study is a tribute to Cath Edvalson from Moxie Fab World... using images she has posted.

Used Mona's {MFT} Graduated Diamonds stencil with Heidi Swapp gold mist to create the vertical pattern. Die cut several feathers with WMS dies and stamped with the coordinating images using several blue shades and random/haphazard Delicata gold ink (have had this stuff for a couple months and not used... IN LOVE!).  


Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

5 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolute perfection, my friend!!

Marisa said...

Your feathers are gorgeous, Vicki!! Spot on take on the insp. picture!! Well done on the power shopping :) Get it done and out of the way I say. I'm cringing at my "baby" being 13 now and think I"ll be a mess when they turn 21 LOL! Happy Birthdayto your daughter and hugs to you :)

Wanda Cullen said...

This card was the winner of CASE study in my book! Love, love, love those feathers and they're on my wish list. Way to rock the shopping trip! Sounds like the saying "shop till you drop" fits here.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Vickie! Those feathers look fabulous and I love the stenciled background!

Marybeth said...

Yes you have earned your wings! Gorgeous card! I missed out on the dies and will have to wait.
It was yesterday ! Time is moving too fast,why were we ever in a hurry for them to grow up.
The feathers look beautiful in those colors Vickie .