Saturday, April 19, 2014

Always believe...

Can you believe... I finally have an arm that works {at least halfway} and some extra time {long WE} and I had a chance to play in some fav challenges!!


Had a blast playing with some new Reverse Confetti... Paper Crane. Made a shaker card- adding silver sequins... who doesn't love a little bling!! Now, I started to color the crane in grays- I was taught to start with the darker color, work in, and then, go back and darken. So, after I started coloring the dark... I kinda' liked the effect- so I stopped... did add the lightest gray to tone it down a little...what do you think??

Close up...

Inspiration came from CASE study challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge "winged things", Seize the Sketch, and Curtain Call-confetti challenge. WOW... that's four-usually I'm tickled pink if I can make a card that fits two challenges!!


Hope you're having a wonderful Easter Holiday. We're enjoying a quiet one at my house! Usually the holidays are all hustle/bustle.

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

6 comments:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Yay! I'm glad your arm is better!
I just love your pretty card, especially the silver sequins!!! You did an awesome job with this challenge!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie! I love the way you colored the crane and, of course, the sparkle of the silver sequin shaker. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Marybeth said...

So happy to hear your arm is on the mend! Look at this gorgeous card.....love it and I bet it wins!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful colors you've used here, and I love the origami image!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the crane! Fab shaker card! Pretty colors, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun shaker card Vickie. Love the print on the paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.