Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Cats Pajamas...times two!!

Couple of cards that I finally finished for the TCP weekly challenges. The first card was for TCP 132 a few weeks ago and used Jen's SFYTT. Challenge was to use pink, orange, and red. Added a little gray. Image is adorable--my daughter and her fiance/kids ski so when I saw this image--had to have it. The image was stamped in memento tuxedo black, cut out, and colored with copics. Used Verve's bountiful backgrounds on the pink panels- stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white. See that gorgeous snowflake-- it's a new die being released by TCP tomorrow {found it at my LSS a couple weeks ago}. Cut 3 snowflakes in red, vanilla, and orange- layered and added a button with TCP divine twine. Isn't the sentiment wonderful??



Next card combines two TCP challenges...133 "Girl's Rule" and 134 which was a sketch by Alma. Picked up this image at the LSS also, Used my mitten weather dp. Stamped the image in memento tuxedo black and colored with copics. Now, took a class from Suzanne Dean and she did state it takes about 6 months of practice--I might need 12!!! LOL. Added ribbon with buttons threaded with TCP thread.

Here's the sketch

The card

TFL!! Love when you stop and leave comments, makes my day!!


5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

First off...congrats for getting your Curtain Call card picked as one of the top faves! Your skiing bunny card is just the cutest and that saying is a hoot! Your Copic coloring is fabulous...sure wish classes would come my way, but I live too far in the boondocks!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME!! LOVE your coloring and that AWESOME layered snowflake!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards so cute and creative. I especially love the colors on the first one.

Marisa said...

Being a skier, I love the top one LOL! Darling image and wonderful bright colours. Congrats on your Curtain Call pick too :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Vickie your cards are ADORABLE!!