Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hugs!!

One of my fav color combos is kraft, red {in this case, cherry cobbler and it's better than red, honestly!!}, black, vanilla/white. So, I had fun with this card and I was playing with some new stamps... to boot!! For Verve's week 3 challenge... Tosh's sketch and my card....



Used some of Verve's newest stamps/dies-- Text Objects is becoming an obsession of mine... the sentiment stamped on kraft... "Brief is life but love is long. Alfred Lord Tenyson.. Have a heart that never hardens and a temper that never tires and a touch that never hurts.. Charles Dickens..." LOVE IT!! Reminds me of what I need to be. Heart is from Love Notes and used the heart die, the image on the sweet scallop die is from Sweet Treats and the sentiment "Hugs" is from Love Notes.

TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: already told ya', didn't I?? {insert smiley face here}
Paper: SU dp, kraft, black, crumbcake
Ink: black, crumbcake
Accessories: buttons, linen thread TCP, cherry cobbler seam binding

3 comments:

Marisa said...

You have totally embraced the skewed panel and made it your friend LOL! Fabulous take on the sketch and I'm loving the colour combo. Way to flash some Verve too :) Text Objects is on it's way and I can't wait to use it!

Cindy Haffner said...

AWESOME take on the sketch!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this card! Fabulous collage of different elements and great colors!