Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blessings- WMSC

Happy Wednesday!! This week the sketch at Waltzingmouse was created by Anya Schrier... fun!! So many possibilities!! I may have veered a titch but, I was dying to ink up this WMS that I acquired a while ago....


This card went through a couple evolutions, LOL!! When I make a card I like to lay everything out... think... play... etc. My original idea was just not working and then, I stamped the large image from Festive Foliage (marker ink to stamp- to get the different colors) as a background and loved it... the detail in Claire's stamps are fabulous!! So... I stamped some extra pinecones in two different browns, fussy cut, added a seam binding bow (ribbon carousel) and that became my collage on the right. Sentiment is from WMS Say it Loud Holidays stamped in early espresso and fussy cut and popped on top.  The oval panel was stamped with the polka dot image from Offbeat Backgrounds and heat embossed with clear.

Here's Anya's sketch...




















Just think tomorrow's Thursday and then, comes Friday... WE!!! Y'all are probably thinking I hate my job by now (always looking to the WE) but, I really don't... just love to play!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate when you do and love all the sweet comments!

19 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Vickie! Lovin' that big beautiful bow!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Vickie! Love the pinecones with the gorgeous green bow!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh Vicky, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!!Your pinecones and pretty bow, well, everything is WONDERFUL!
Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Sry, Vickie. Always check what I've written after I press publish...

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card and love the pinecones.

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful!! Love the stamped background and cut pinecones - the bow is super!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch. The pine cones are wonderful as is the bow.

Kelly S. said...

I swoooooon at the sight of this card, Vickie! It totally looks like something you would buy at a fancy boutique! That background is stunning, love how some look like they are topped with snow! The little cluster of pinecones and that beautiful festive ribbon....I'll steal it from Renee, but... I DIE :)!! Hee! So amazing!

Kim Duran said...

Oh Vickie! How do you do it every time? You come up with the best card designs with so much thought and care put into each one. This card could't get any better if you tried. It's my new favorite of yours!

Renee said...

WOW!!
I know that you're going to make an amazing card every week...
but every week I'm still amazed at what you come up with!!
I love this so much I can't even begin to tell you...
it's stunning!
And this set...
I think it's the most perfect set...ever!
Looks as though you literally used real pinecones because the images are so realistic! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Vickie this is stunning! Love the pinecones and the fussy cut sentiment! That stain bow is a show stopper!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I just love this, Vickie!! Amazing use of the foliage set!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Smashing job with the browns and greens, great stamping and fabby bow! Well done you and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this is gorgeous!
be sure to stop by my blog and enter the giveaway
http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2012/09/verve-diva-dare-and-giveaway.html

hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Michelle said...

Oh Vickie, this is beautiful! I love the background you created and that lush bow is wonderful!

suezie said...

Hi Vickie - don't quite know how I missed your gorgeous card this week - just love it. I don't have that set but you make me want to go get it LOL! Congrats on being picked this week. Hugs

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations to a super Top Mouse!

Unknown said...

Vickie this is stunning!! Wonderful card!!

Anne-Elise said...

You are a Top Mouse, Vickie! Congratulations!