Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Color Throwdown #330- Thanks a Bunch!!

Good Morning!! It's Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown challenge. Working on getting this post set up- they say we have sleet coming (intermittent so far) and likely to be without power. And, we'll be in the single digits this week!!

Now, don't get me wrong... I know I am nowhere near dealing with weather like others. Talked to my Sis tonite and single digits was the high today, and they have plenty of snow on the ground. Yes, I've lived in the South so looong... the thought of single digits makes me shiver :)


 Joan picked the colors this week...monochromatic with a splash of orange. LOVE!!


Here's my card. I played with Altenew's Painted Flowers and Label Love sets. Honestly, do you ever make a card and love the concept of it... but, wonder if you need to have your eyes checked? (tilted panels) Added some gold Heidi Swapp mist- flicked for a little shine!

Check out our February guest designer: Jen Shults from Deconstrucing Jen!!

Amy White joins us this week as our Guest Star Stamper..... you can find her blog HERE.

And my teamies!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Monika Davis- MAD Stamper
 Jodi Collins- Stampin a Latte
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy

Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...this is all about having fun!  AND... remember "neutrals" are free! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD330  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool.

I used this week's Retro Sketch for the layout, turned on it's side... fun!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

8 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous ++ I love the flowers in this colour.

Wanda Cullen said...

WOWZERS! This is drop dead gorgeous! That sketch had me totally stumped but love the way you tilted it and put the sentiment into the recessed portion! I see you're into the Heidi Swapp gold splattering as well...I can't seem to leave it alone. :-) Stay warm. Spring is only 30 some days away and can't come soon enough!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Vickie. Those flowers are so pretty and I love the panels and how you stamped the greeting in between those panels.

Stampingcountry said...

Lovely split panel!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You rock those Altenew flowers every time, Vickie! This is gorrrrgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW...what a card! I love your beautiful flowers, so classy and very elegant too.

Marisa said...

Adore how you flipped the sketch. Gorgeous card!

Marie Fyfe said...

I just am in love with the lambs! what beautiful cards!