Friday, August 21, 2015

Curtain Call- Autumn Splendor!

Happy Friday!! I have been playing with watercolor backgrounds.Trying out different color combinations and techniques. I have searched/stalked the blogs and so many artists seem to create them with ease  I learned that I had to spend time on both color combinations and techniques and there were many, many throw aways!!

This is one background I liked. AND... I was thinking of the Curtain Call Challenge when I played (even though it may not be apparent when you see the inspiration)


The inspiration photo is full of bright colors but. when I was pondering the inspiration...and creating my water colored background... I was thinking fall. School - fall- they just seem to go hand in hand.along with canning and Mason Jars-it's harvest time! 

The background was created by smooshing distress inks on to a craft mat- spritzing with water and pressing TH watercolor cardstock on top. Let dry and then stamped the leaves from Verve's Autumn Splendor in gray ink. The sweet Mason Jars are from Clear and Simple Stamps. The largest jar was die cut and stamped with  Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds and topped with an image from the Clear and Simple Stamps set. I created another small shaker mason jar and added a little twine. 

Here's the inspiration pic.



Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Beautiful BG and I just LOVE the shaker mason jar!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vickie!!! Love that BG and great take on the insp. photo. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Kim Heggins said...

Such a beautiful card Vickie!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just lovely, Vickie!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh I love this. The design is gorgeous and the shaker has me hypnotized. In a fabulous way of course!! LOL!