Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas!!! {bellowed in my deepest voice} Made an ornament using Waltzingmouse Stamps {recent delivery at my house... Oh Happy Day!!} for the WMS sketch challenge this week and Claire has a contest on the WMS blog!! Now, honestly I LOVE my WMS stamps but, the weekly sketch challenge has a random draw for a free, Yes that's what I said- FREE WMS set and the tag contest on the blog- for a little Christmas Cheer is a random drawing for 4 stamps sets!!

I didn't have any WMS Xmas stamps- until this week of course- and one of my favs included a silhouette Santa complete with a pipe!! Here's my "diddy"



I went oval as I think it sets off the image!! That gorgeous Santa image is from Santa's Coming To Town and the sentiment is from Nutcracker Sweet. Used Authentique Wonder papers and my scallop is the crochet lace and pleated ribbon. Added a couple buttons and some Jingle Bells!!

Here's the sketch-- I went oval for the image!!



















Ho! Ho! Ho! 
Stamps: Santa's Coming To Town, Nutcracker Sweek {Watlzingmouse Stamps}
Paper: Wonder {Authentique}, Vanilla {Stampin Up}
Ink: Tuxedo Black {Memento}
Accessories: Jingle Bells {frostitpink}, Seam Binding {Stampin Up}, Twine {stash}, Buttons {Stampin Up and the pearl one is from packaging from PrairieBirdBoutique on Etsy}, Crochet lace {stash}, Pleated green ribbon {Webster's Pages}, Chipboard {stash}, Oval Nestabilitie

14 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the ovals you used and that backing paper is so pretty with that great Santa image! Great job!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that's a sweet tag, Vickie! I just love the die cut that you used, and the lovely sentiment banner over the lace. I am thinking that every card I make needs bells these days, and your rusty ones are the best!

Marisa said...

Great tag. Love the oval shape and the silhouette is perfect. Good luck in the draw :)

JJ Bolton said...

All kinds of good stuff happening here! I love the deeper colors you chose (they go great with those awesome rusty bells!). And that pleated ribbon is just the perfect touch under the sentiment!

Julia Aston said...

Love your oval tag! great santa - sentiment banner and bells!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How absolutely adorable!! Love your sweet little ornament with your ruffle, lace, and beautifully framed Santa silhouette!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

I LOVE your tag with all the beautiful details absolutely WONDERFUL! And that Santa Stamp - it just IS Christmas to me. Great use of it!

anya said...

A lovely tag, Vickie! The oval shape really does suit that image so well, and I love all the bits of ribbon and buttons you included! Glad you could join us for this week's WMSC!

Sharron said...

Fabulous tag--that Santa image is SO cool! A set that is definitely on my wish list. The oval shape works great and I love the rich colors and your wonderful pleated ribbon!

Jean Martin said...

Ooooh what a great tag! Love all the elements you combined to make it! Wonderful!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at WMSC! :)

Lenet said...

Beautiful,Love these colors for christmas..
Thankas for joining us at WMSC

Savitri said...

Oh wow, this is just fabulous!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your tag!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Vickie! Congrats on your win! Love what you did with the WM images!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! Love the vintage Santa silhouette and the beautiful muted colors~