Monday, June 17, 2013

aim high kid.....fly!!

Today is the 17th and that means..... it's a Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!!


This month is all about summertime... I'm in!! Yep, I am definitely into spring/summer-- a flip flop, shorts, boats, lake, beach, flowers, homegrown veges {wishing for some IN tomatoes and corn}....you get the idea....kinda' girl!!

Love the Half Pint Heroines set and it hasn't seen ink at my house in a while so, that is what I chose to play with today. Stamped the balloon on 6 different patterned papers from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss (these colors make me smile!) and did a bunch of fussy cutting. Thinking I met my fussy cutting obligation for a while. Added some clouds colored with a light BG copic for contrast. Sentiments from the same set.

This would be a fun card for a new grad.

Deets on the blog waltz here....

Will be doing some blog hopping tomorrow... always inspiring fun to see what everyone has created!!

This is also for the Mixy Matchy challenge in the MFW (playing with patterns!)

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

20 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful quilted hot air balloon Vicki! love the colors and patterns and your lovely stitched rolling hillside!

Renee said...

I have been missing you...
did you change your blog because you're not coming up in my feed any more...
I gotta investigate this!
But I love this...
and wouldn't a nice hot balloon ride be awesome on a summer day?
Except for that little thing I have...
fear of heights.
Maybe I could go on one that was still anchored...
that would be good!
But love all your fussy cutting...
well worth it ;)...
and isn't that paper gorgeous? :)

Cathy Weber said...

Your card just goes to show how creative you are Vickie...everyone has been using My Island or USA 1776 for their cards and I never even thought of using that cute balloon image...great idea! Love this one and your fussy cutting is spot on!

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I love all the patterns in your balloon.

Claire said...

Love the patterned papers you've used Vickie...I'm so tempted by that stamp..it's gorgeous, especially with all the fluffy clouds!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the twine :) Those bows are adorable.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooohhh!! Your balloon is pieced to beautifully!! This card is just super darling!! Love it!

Marybeth said...

Vickie...love this ! Beautifully paper pieced. Temecula Ca just had their big hot air balloon festival ......as they do every summer.

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Vickie! I love that colorful hot air balloon! So fun and cheerful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Vicki I love this paper pieced genius! That is some serious talent and I so love Vintage Bliss. Beautiful.

-Aneta- said...

Summer adventure ? Yes please ! Stunnig card who makes me dream :) Perfect colours and great sketch !

Kim Heggins said...

Vicki, this is one amazing card...what a wonderful hot air balloon and your paper piecing is spot on.

Shannon White said...

Wow!! That's some Serious Fussy cutting you've got going on there Vicki!! LOVE your Cheery hot air balloon! Just a Darling scene! Super sentiment too! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Oh Vickie, yep I get tired thinking about all that cutting, but it looks so good!! Maybe I should make up a wee cutting file for that...AWEsome card I love the twine ropes and the wee wooden crate!!Thank you so much for playing along with us Vickie!

Jeanne J. said...

What a wonderful scene you created - look at all that paper piecing, stitching and twine!! A work of art Vickie!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Love your hot air balloon--it is too cute, and all your paper piecing is just perfect!

Chris L.

Deborah Frings said...

I love the pretty hot air balloon and the twine ties! Such a fun card.

Kelly S. said...

EEK! Simple Stories Vintage Bliss papers! They are so sweet and you showcased them to perfection, Vickie! I love this idea for a graduation card...and how it's floating "girl-less"...hee! It reminds me of a folk art scene now. The stitching on the hills and the twine cables are fabulous details!

Jeanne J. said...

Whooot Whoot! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !! Congrats to you Vickie!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vickie! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)