Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Serendipity Stamps

WOOT WOOT!! I have a little news today. I was invited to join the Serendipity Stamps design team!! Of course, I said YES and am very excited to work with some fabulous stamps alongside the other members of the talented DT!!

AND.... Serendipity hosts a challenge every two weeks....


Today is the day for the next challenge. SSBC #14 is all about Baskets. 

The rules are simple... play along using at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your submission and link it below. You don't have to have a blog to play along - you can link your designs to any on line gallery.

Click Here for all the details

My card...

My focal image is Daisy Basket (small) but, there is a larger version also. I stamped the basket onto XPress It Blending cardstock, colored with copics (on the white petals I used a light W copic to give a little dimension and I shaded around the image with a light B copic- not sure this shows well in the picture). The image was cut with a circle nestabilitie and adhered to the die cut doily with foam for dimension. Did some stitching, added a bow with button/twine combo. Don't you just love the font on this sentiment! You can find it here.

Now, I have to say that I LOVE banner flags but, after I made this card I was just undecided if this was the right card for them (do you every do that?) and so, I tried something else.


Still not sure which I like better.

Here's a close up of the adorable Daisy Basket.



If you need a little extra inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.

Pauline Pollington

Here's the link to Serendipity Stamps since you may feel the need to go looking and shopping :))

Hoping you'll play along and can't wait to see all the creations.
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!
signature
 
Ingredients
Stamps- Serendipity Stamps: Daisy Basket small 604E, sentiment Miss You 624B
Ink- copics, SU Early Espresso
Paper- SU and MME Sweetest Thing, Echo Park This & That (light green)
Accessories- The Cats Pajamas twine, Seam Binding Ribbon Carousel, Button stash, MFT dainty doily dienamic, Verve Flag It Die Set (first card), MFT Flag Stax dienamics (second card)


signature

9 comments:

Marisa said...

A huge congrats on the DT!! Love the basket and you have coloured it fabulously. I am forever trying to decide what I like better on a card -- my family runs for the hills when they see me coming to ask for their opinion LOL!

Cathy Weber said...

Congratulations Vickie, you are a great designer and Serendipity is so lucky to have you on their team. Love what you have done with your card today...I am a banner person so I LOVE the first version of your card, although that second looks really nice too with the banner gently bent. I am looking forward to seeing everything you make with Serendipity stamps...I am so happy for you!

Marybeth said...

Yes, I do that all the time! I like them both but the first one just a bit more. Your basket card is beautiful !
Congratulations and welcome to the DT. Like Cathy said we are very lucky to have you!

Jenny Gropp said...

Welcome Vickie! Happy to have you with us! I adore your card... layouts and design is FAB!

Jeanne J. said...

So pretty! I love your coloring and all the fabulous details! You make a great addition to the team!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Vickie! Love the beautiful basket of flowers and pretty bow!

Tracey McNeely said...

Vickie your colouring is just incredible! Wow, beautiful.

Kim Heggins said...

Vickie, this is so sweet and your basket of flowers is beautiful. I love all of the wonderful details too, your background paper is perfect.

Sue Lelli said...

CONGRATS on the DT spot, Vickie! Well Deserved! LOVE them BOTH but the first is my FAV! LOVE the basket with the paper and doily!