Friday, January 31, 2014

Ladybug Hugs!!

Phew.... I'm Back!! Just in time for the last day of the Serendipty Blog Hop showcasing 3 new dies. Three new dies are being released... my amazing DT buddies have been showing them off for the past two days... me, I've been battling the equivalent of a "bad flu bug"... just with the computer : (


I am in LOVE with the new dies....


How fabulous is this Ladybug.... look closely at the embossed detail.... wonderful!! I went with the traditional Ladybug colors... couldn't help myself!!  The ladybug was die cut twice, once in black and then in a red polka dotted dp.

Well, I love to "do" the inside of my cards and stenciling is a big trend right now... so I was playing and it didn't work out for the inside so I ended up with another card... totally different from the first...


Created a stencil and sponged  with Riding Hood Red ink to get the outline of the ladybug... stamped the Serendipity sentiment over the top, added rhinestones, and some Heidi Swap gold mist. A little well, a LOT messy and different!! One layer card my friends!!

Just so you know, there are prizes... check out Mary's Blog for all the details. And visit my the rest of the DT... the other two dies are a Bunny and Shamrock....scroll through their blogs...these girls rocked it!! Leave a comment as you hop along to win $10 gift certificates to Serendipity stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

16 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE the shape of that first card - actually everything about it! And a big whoot whoot for a OLC too! Great splatter and card :) Well done times two!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Vickie! What a fun little lady bug!

Sabrina said...

The shape cards are just fabulous and fantastic CAS card too!!!

Jeanne J. said...

OOOH I love the polka doted dots - the black ladybug, that red bow and fancy cut base all come together for one amazing card Vickie!!

Pauline said...

Two gorgeous cards Vickie! Love the shaped cards, and the fab stencil effect. So glad you're back online!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely, really like how you made them into shaped cards...really nice touch.

creativearts said...

Love both of your cards, totally different. I think the black ladybug is my favorite, tho. The embossing really shows good!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Glad that your computer is feeling better - I'd be lost without mine! I love your dotty ladybird cards!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fabulous card. TFS

seaslay27 said...

Your ladybug is so darling. I love the white and red polka dot paper you used under your black ladybug. What a great idea to also use it as a stencil. Glad you got your computer problem ironed out. I would have really missed this lovely effort.

Karen Amidon said...

There you are, glad to see you back! Worth the wait...love both cards Vickie! Fun polka dots, great shape and fab bow! Your stenciling looks great too.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your ladybugs are fantastic! Love all the red &black!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice cards...glad you got over the flu bug to share.

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful cards..love the use of the negative die on the last.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a cute ladybug, Vickie! Love the paper showing thru the dots and the fun shape you used.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is utterly fabulous! I love the ladybug die!