Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shiney-Smitten-Viva la Verve!!


Started working on the Verve Diva Dare- Smitten {makes me smile- LOVE this word} and the Viva la Verve sketch... in the back of my mind I needed to do something shiney!! Or... maybe I just wanted to!!

Played with some FAV Verve stamps... Wings of Love... and the matching dies.

Die cut several hearts using Verve's Wavy Hearts die and stamped with images from Wings of Love. The sentiment is from Take Note and was stamped on a tag from Flag It Die Set. Background paper was embossed with woodgrain.

 
AND... this is where I got confused... with the latest Verve Inspiration hop... there is a shiny challenge!!
 


SU glitter on the wings and a little bling too :-)

Gotta go... hubs is doing a simple dinner tonight...{I should help}.... last night went to a friends for oysters and shrimp!! Definitely a "low country" thing... steamed oysters...raw or grilled in the half shell with parmesan... boiled shrimp... hush puppies.... yum yum!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Super card! I love the texture in the background and the sparkle on the wings! Great colours too!

Marisa said...

You rocked all three challenges, Vickie :) Love that word too, and it is very appropriate for your blog namem too ;) Way to rock the hearts and dinner last night sounded fabulous - not an oyster fan, but shrimp - oh yes! Have a great week :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love, love, love your interpretation of this sketch (I haven't tackled that one yet)! Especially those shiny, glittery wings! Well...my daughter and I had fried oysters and mashed cauliflower on the side for dinner last evening before we went to see a Shakespeare play. Yummy meal!

canadian_liner said...

Great color combo on your winged hearts + sparkle card! I need to remember to try the tone-on-tone stamping more often. Thanks for your kind comment on my Color Throwdown entry. Stay warm!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love this! Gorgeous!

Jen W. said...

Those sparkly wings are adorable and i I love the tail on those heart dies!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Vickie! Love the trio of hearts and those fun little shimmery wings!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

That blue heart looks like a sugar cookie and I want to eat it! :) Lovely!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Vickie!!